cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hert6079
Engaged Sweeper

Hi everybody,

I have inherited a Lansweeper instance - only one scan server, SQL Server (localdb). I would like to move that scan server and config to a new Windows Server in a new domain (with a different server name), to host the database separately to that scan server (we have a dedicated SQL box for such things) and for all assets to report to that migrated scan server.

I'm somewhat unclear on the best order to do things in, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice, please?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Tim_N
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Hello hert6079 - here's two articles that might be helpful for you. 

Move your SQL Server database to a different server or SQL Server instance - Lansweeper Maintenance ...

Move your Lansweeper installation to a different server - Lansweeper Maintenance - Lansweeper Commun...

An option around this (assuming you don't need historical data) is to do a fresh install. BUT, to make it easier on yourself, copy the scan credentials and scan targets for the next setup. If you know there are specific reports created, pull the code to those as well. Or... keep the old server online (but disable all the scan targets as to not flood your environment with requests) until you know you have all your content. Otherwise, you may need to do some digging if you are new to the organization. 

Tim N.
Lansweeper Employee