cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leblanc_daniel_
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello all,

I am transfering my data base from a Windows 7(VM) with SQL Compact to a Windows Server 2012 with SQL Express 2012.
What would be the best way to migrate it .

Thank you all .

Dan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
6 REPLIES 6
leblanc_daniel_
Engaged Sweeper III
I finaly found the reason with it wasn't working , in SQL Configuration MANAGER>SQL Server Network Configuration>Protocols for MSSQLSERVER> TCP/IP was at DISABLE and Named PIPES also DISABLE, ENABLE boths and it works

Dan
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Please send the information below to support@lansweeper.com. We will follow up via email.
  • Description of the problem.
  • Screenshot of how you are successfully connecting to SQL Server Management Studio. Show us what you are submitting in the login screen.
  • Screenshot of what you are submitting in the Lansweeper installer.
  • Your Lansweeper setup log. With the Lansweeper installer open on the problem screen, access your temporary folder by typing %temp% in your directory bar and copy the latest "Setup Log" contained within.
leblanc_daniel_
Engaged Sweeper III
Ok will that way ,i have one problem now, i have installed SQL Express 2012 on my Windows server 2012, and i can log in into SQL management studio 2012, full admin access, but when i try to install LanSweeper and do the Advance install i give it the SA account or my Windows Acount i get this error:[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied..

I have seen these and check it all
https://skamie.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/sql-server-connectivity-error-sql-server-does-not-exist-or-access-denied/
This is very generic one and can happen due to many reasons like

(1) Account may not have access or password might be wrong
(2) Connection might be blocked by a firewall (localhost)
(3) Since it is a named instance, the port might be different. In some cases it might be dynamic also, for which the SQL Server Browser service should be up and running.(it is running but, i had to deactive the account that was there with no account)

Thank you for you re patience with me
Dan
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There's no point in installing SQL Server on the old server first. You might as well install it on the new server and convert/transfer the database in one go, by following the instructions in the knowledge base article linked in my previous post.
leblanc_daniel_
Engaged Sweeper III
I am thinking proceding this way:

Install Express 2012 on first server Convert database from Compact to Express.

Install Lansweeper to seconde brand new server Windows 2012 R2.

Then Transfert database to second server.

What do you think?

Dan
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a knowledge base article as well as a video tutorial about this.