cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
I'm wondering how something like this could be done.

If for example we have a Computer asset.
Lets say we add a custom field that just holds an phone extension number of the deskphone that would be there.
(nope not all IP phones so not wanting to add these as assets themselves since in this case)
So when I open up that computer i see phoneX 123 . great thats perfect. I could in theory just manually type in everyone extension (no this is not in AD at the moment for various reasons). But then this would need lots of manual updating when the phonelist gets updated as people move come and go. As it happens, we have our own phonelist DB in SQL . Usually searchable by first and or last name.

So there must be a nice way to link and or update things in the lansweeper DB based on some querys made, perhaps even along the same lines as the Assent Warranty updates? The list is web accessible but there is also some back end sql.

I would be nice to be able to open any computer assent (and just see the most recent user associated phone extension). although, since sometimes people log into multiple machines it would be nice to have something like this run once and then have an UPDATE method just like warranty.

Any ideas?

i seem be able able to pull some data of the last full name and last name of the user of the asseet by looking at
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tblADusers On tblAssets.Username = tblADusers.Username

1 REPLY 1
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
or is there a way to have the Custom Field ,Hyperlink type, generated based off of an SQL query in lansweeper. So i could pass some fields over?