cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
I'm trying to get fields populated on everything I can in Lansweeper. As such, I'm targeting right now some Cisco Surveillance Cameras. I've enabled snmp on them, and on certain models, it pulls the value in just fine, but on other models, it does not. If I do a snmpwalk against the camera, I can find the serial number. I am not real well versed in snmp, so is there a particular format it is supposed to be in that Cisco is not following, or is there something I can do to make sure this gets populated? I'm sure I need some education about how this works, so I'd appreciate the teaching
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper only queries specific SNMP OIDs for device serials. Your device serials are likely stored in different OIDs. It is not possible to submit these for scanning as well. Custom SNMP scanning is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for this feature at this time. Serial number scanning is currently only supported for Linux, Unix, Mac and Windows computers, VMware servers, network printers and a limited number of other network devices. For other assets, serials are meant to be filled in manually.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
Thank you for the reply, Susan.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper only queries specific SNMP OIDs for device serials. Your device serials are likely stored in different OIDs. It is not possible to submit these for scanning as well. Custom SNMP scanning is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for this feature at this time. Serial number scanning is currently only supported for Linux, Unix, Mac and Windows computers, VMware servers, network printers and a limited number of other network devices. For other assets, serials are meant to be filled in manually.
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
Okay, going to post an update on this. So again, as above, the OID that is listed with the device is pulling some info. The weird thing is, if I try an snmpwalk from a linux server against that camera, I get no response.

However, if I run the snmp walk using an OID I got from Cisco, I do get the Serial number among other things. I used the Device Tester and it comes back with the OID that doesn't work from snmpwalk, so I'm a little confused how it is returning values. In any case, is there a way to override?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now