cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brodiemac
Engaged Sweeper III
I have two identical switches on our network. One is on the same subnet at the scanning server and scans correctly. The other is on a different subnet, connected via VPN as it is in a different geographic area, and does not scan coorectly. Instead of scanning as a switch, it scans as a webserver. All other devices on this subnet (computers, printers, servers, firewalls, etc.) scan correctly. Being new to LANSweeper (and still evaluating) I don't know where to start to troubleshoot this issue. Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
brodiemac
Engaged Sweeper III
So it turns out both switches are showing up as webservers, not just the one. I have configured SNMP on both and the tool provided by LANSweeper shows information for both swtiches being retrieved via SNMP. However, LANSWeeper itself still shows both devices as webservers rather than switches.
brodiemac wrote:
So it turns out both switches are showing up as webservers, not just the one. I have configured SNMP on both and the tool provided by LANSweeper shows information for both swtiches being retrieved via SNMP. However, LANSWeeper itself still shows both devices as webservers rather than switches.

Did you ever find a fix for this?
Nick Barber wrote:
brodiemac wrote:

Did you ever find a fix for this?

I did but I don't remember what it was. This from from my last job so I can't look up the config that fixed it. If I remember correctly, it was an SNMP configuration mistake on my part but I did eventually get it working.