cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakehc
Engaged Sweeper
I have an issue where I'm trying to scan and track our VoIP phones now that they are installed. Our computer network is 192.168.*.* and our VoIP network is 10.3.*.*

From what I have gathered, without SNMP enabled, we will not be able to get detailed information to populate. Does that sound accurate?

This is what shows when I search the devices in Lansweeper after scanning the IP range

Devicetester.exe results when testing one of the VoIP phones
1 REPLY 1
brodiemac2
Champion Sweeper
Jake wrote:
I have an issue where I'm trying to scan and track our VoIP phones now that they are installed. Our computer network is 192.168.*.* and our VoIP network is 10.3.*.*

From what I have gathered, without SNMP enabled, we will not be able to get detailed information to populate. Does that sound accurate?

This is what shows when I search the devices in Lansweeper after scanning the IP range

Devicetester.exe results when testing one of the VoIP phones

I have read somewhere (can't remember where) that to get the correct information on non-SNMP phone like Polycoms, you have to have a NIC card on the Lansweeper server positioned on the same subnet as your phones so that it can get information like the serial number. I have been meaning to test this myself but haven't yet had the time to coordinate with our virtualization and network engineers.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now