cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakehc
Engaged Sweeper
I have an issue where I'm trying to scan and track our VoIP phones now that they are installed. Our computer network is 192.168.*.* and our VoIP network is 10.3.*.*

From what I have gathered, without SNMP enabled, we will not be able to get detailed information to populate. Does that sound accurate?

This is what shows when I search the devices in Lansweeper after scanning the IP range

Devicetester.exe results when testing one of the VoIP phones
1 REPLY 1
brodiemac2
Champion Sweeper
Jake wrote:
I have an issue where I'm trying to scan and track our VoIP phones now that they are installed. Our computer network is 192.168.*.* and our VoIP network is 10.3.*.*

From what I have gathered, without SNMP enabled, we will not be able to get detailed information to populate. Does that sound accurate?

This is what shows when I search the devices in Lansweeper after scanning the IP range

Devicetester.exe results when testing one of the VoIP phones

I have read somewhere (can't remember where) that to get the correct information on non-SNMP phone like Polycoms, you have to have a NIC card on the Lansweeper server positioned on the same subnet as your phones so that it can get information like the serial number. I have been meaning to test this myself but haven't yet had the time to coordinate with our virtualization and network engineers.