cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdonnz
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

We are having issues with lansweeper scanning our Mitel VOIP phones.  I have attached a screenshot of lansweeper device tester as every time we perform a scan we get a "Certificate Unknown" error on the phone.  The phones we have do not have SNMP capabilities so is there a way to scan the without getting a cert unknown error?  I currently have No SSH and SIP port 0 set for the target phone range. 

Thanks,
Tyler 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jacob_H
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

ah - from what I remember, Mitel phones can be a pain as they use their own proprietary version of SIP unless you globally configure it to use the standard version...  (at least it was that way a few years ago the last time I tried scanning some of those) -  most of the models can be scanned with SNMP if you enable it -  reference: https://www.lansweeper.com/assets/hardware/voip-phone/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jacob_H
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

ah - from what I remember, Mitel phones can be a pain as they use their own proprietary version of SIP unless you globally configure it to use the standard version...  (at least it was that way a few years ago the last time I tried scanning some of those) -  most of the models can be scanned with SNMP if you enable it -  reference: https://www.lansweeper.com/assets/hardware/voip-phone/

tdonnz
Engaged Sweeper

Sadly the phones we use are not SNMP capable, but I will look into seeing about changing the SIP configurations.

tdonnz
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

Initial testing had SIP port 5060 set and enabled but still had certificate unknown errors show up on the phone when the scan is performed.  We currently have Credential-free Device recognition enabled on the server with access to the internet.  

We currently have the phones on a separate network and have credential mapping set to that IP range(s), is there something that needs to be done to apply CDR to that specific IP range?

thanks 

FrankSc
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Dear tdonnz, 

In some cases SIP will work for VOIP phones, and it does seem to return some information in the devicetester using port 5060. Did you try adding that to your scanning target? 
Additionally, you can also try using Credential Device Recognition, which may find some basic information from your device.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now