→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacob_bks
Champion Sweeper
Hello Lansweeper:

It would be great if you could put a location map (the image and the overlay of assets) in an iFrame widget, without having the menu, etc in the iframe.

Example: Have a global tab titled "U.S. Assets" that has an iFrame a picture of the U.S. map, and it has appropriate asset overlays..

Thanks and keep up the good work - awesome product.
4 REPLIES 4
jacob_bks
Champion Sweeper
Thanks for your suggestions - it's utilizing a googlemaps third-party API/component, with assets geocoded. I was just going to take a screenshot and update it every now and then, because our locations in North America are fairly static. So I just upload a location picture in Lansweeper, but if I Iframe it, I get the menus and stuff...

But now that I think about it again, maybe I can place a widget that just displays a JPG or something.
SouthySuper
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm not familiar with Nagios, but can it export to visio?, there are some options with that for backgrounds and overlays/layers. If your assets change often that could turn into serious pain though.
jacob_bks
Champion Sweeper
That is exactly what I want to do, however I use Nagios XI. I was going to settle for a screenshot of the google map, but yeah - that was my ultimate goal... just can't get around authentication yet for Nagios page.

SouthySuper
Engaged Sweeper III
We use ipswitch whatsup as our monitoring solution (ping, service status, error logs, etc. with emailed alerting)and we have the map which shows similar to what you asked for in an iframe from within lansweeper.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now