cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poweld1
Champion Sweeper
Is it possible to have a column in the IP Address Range Scanning section so I can put location names next to the IP ranges that are to be scanned?
8 REPLIES 8
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We have added your feature requests to our customer wish list.
jdritsas
Engaged Sweeper
I agree with poweld1.

It would be nice to have the IP locations setup per scanserver for a client vs an overall ip location especially where the same subnets can be used for multiple clients.
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
I would also suggest that perhaps the two tables be merged. To manage the 100+ scan ranges and 600+ location groups we have a separate spreadsheet that holds a merged set of the data and has a column to flag that the row is a scan range and another to flag that it is also an ip location. We then use the database scripts page to import the information after updating our external master list.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We have added this feature request to our customer wish list. When requesting a feature, please clearly state that you are submitting a wish list item. We don't always check which forum section a thread was posted in. (We use an admin option to reply to open threads; we don't check each forum section individually.)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
No, IP location names are configured separately, under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Groups.

- Configuration\Website Management\Asset Groups is meant for naming IP ranges.
- Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Methods\IP Address Range Scanning is meant for submitting IP ranges for scanning.
poweld1
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
No, IP location names are configured separately, under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Groups.

- Configuration\Website Management\Asset Groups is meant for naming IP ranges.
- Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Methods\IP Address Range Scanning is meant for submitting IP ranges for scanning.

Yes I understand this, but i'd like to put a location name against an ip range on the Scanning Methods page.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
poweld1 wrote:
Yes I understand this, but i'd like to put a location name against an ip range on the Scanning Methods page.

This is not possible. You must configure IP location names under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Groups.
poweld1
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
poweld1 wrote:

This is not possible. You must configure IP location names under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Groups.

I think you still misunderstand on what i'd like to see in a future version of Lansweeper. I know it's not possible now, but it would be extremely useful to see a location name column next to the Start IP on the Configuration\Scanning Setup\Scanning Methods page. When you have hundreds of ip ranges it's difficult to know which ip range belongs to a particular location on that page.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now