Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
mahoune
Engaged Sweeper
Support for Mac OS X clients with detailed reports like "Installed Software", "System Stitistics" and etc.
bpc
Engaged Sweeper
Any plans to increase the feature-set of software asset management/inventory?

One big helpful thing would be the ability to distinguish whether purchased software is OEM, Retail or VLA, since the cost is different and so are the license terms.

Even better would be the option to specify what OEM software a workstation is licensed for (by identifying number), so that if the computer is re-purposed/renamed, you will still know what it is licensed for.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bpc wrote:
Any plans to increase the feature-set of software asset management/inventory?

License compliance management will be greatly expanded in Lansweeper version 5.0. We do not yet have a release date for this version.

mahoune wrote:
Support for Mac OS X clients with detailed reports like "Installed Software", "System Stitistics" and etc.

Mac and Linux support will be expanded in Lansweeper version 5.0 as well.
virtualgeek
Engaged Sweeper
Here are my two pennys worth:

*Have the computer actions as part of the application
*More integration into AD with workflows, user account create, email account creation
*Role features in LS to restrict certain people from seeing certain areas of the software

Scan AD for accounts with various features such as:
*non expiry passwords
*accounts not being used for a period of time (computer and user accounts)

Scheduling features:
*schedule backups of SQL DBs
*Restarting of servers on select days

Keep up the GREAT work!
VG
virtualgeek wrote:
*Have the computer actions as part of the application

Could you clarify what you mean by this?

virtualgeek wrote:
*Role features in LS to restrict certain people from seeing certain areas of the software

This will be included in Lansweeper version 5.0. Feel free to post your suggestions for what should be restricted specifically.
Corné
Engaged Sweeper
I would very much like to:

Print a report with the uptime for all computers so if there are computers which do not go off power every day i get a email.

Where the admin logs in
Who is connecting to the network (not to the domain so lets say a strange computer is connecting thru a network cable give me a alert. Although lansweeper cannot login because has no rights i see that he is connecting...

List of software is now per computers. I would like to see the username with it.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Corné wrote:

A custom action for retrieving uptime information can be found here. For now you still need an extra utility though to write this information into the database.

Corné wrote:

You can see which computers a user logged into by surfing to the user's Lansweeper webpage.

Corné wrote:

If a computer is included for scanning, the assumption is made that this is a "known" machine.

Corné wrote:

Lansweeper scans software installed for the whole computer and software installed just for the last logged on user as well. We may add notes in the future, so you can see which software is user-specific.
bd
Engaged Sweeper III
We have 8 scanning servers, one for each division. The local IT manager is responsible for their own local clients. When we want to pull reports it's painful to compile all that data.

It would be nice if there was a way to send scan data from each local division server to a master server to look at the company as a whole. I know this could be done with a double scan (setting up a "master" server in addition to the local server), we did this before, but there were complaints about network traffic.

Kind of an off the wall request, but it would be nice for me 🙂

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bd wrote:
We have 8 scanning servers, one for each division. The local IT manager is responsible for their own local clients. When we want to pull reports it's painful to compile all that data.

It would be nice if there was a way to send scan data from each local division server to a master server to look at the company as a whole. I know this could be done with a double scan (setting up a "master" server in addition to the local server), we did this before, but there were complaints about network traffic.

Kind of an off the wall request, but it would be nice for me 🙂

Lansweeper 5.0 will merge the web and configuration console into a single website. Role based access will also be possible and we are considering including in this the ability to separate different divisions. (Users in group A can only monitor these computers etc.) This feature is still up for debate though. We also do not currently have a release date for Lansweeper 5.0.
bburnside
Engaged Sweeper
A couple of easy ones:
1. remote boot (for Wake-on-Lan machines)
2. Remote registry (saves steps of open regedit, add other computer...)

THX
Bob
THX Bob