1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BullGates wrote:
We wish to have tracking of the user that modifies the data of "Custom Fields".

Lansweeper version 5 will introduce role based access to the website. You will be able to configure who can edit information.
pmich
Engaged Sweeper
Hello to all,

since we are new users and we purchased Lansweeper a couple of months ago, we don't if the new feature we propose and is of top priority, has already been asked in the past by someone else.

Our top priority is to have a detailed inventory. We would like to be able to edit and add warranty and purchase dates to each individual component of a pc (motherboard, power supply, processor, hard disk e.t.c.).
If I'm not mistaken, currently, we are able to process these piece of information (warranty dates, custom fields e.t.c.) devices only (PCs, printers, network devices e.t.c.).
But when we upgrade a pc component or buy new Desktop Monitor, the specific component has different warranty period.

Perhaps the easiest way to implement this, is to add an "Edit component details", similar to "Edit device details" that exists in printers, routers, switches etc.

Thank you
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pmich wrote:
Our top priority is to have a detailed inventory. We would like to be able to edit and add warranty and purchase dates to each individual component of a pc (motherboard, power supply, processor, hard disk e.t.c.)

We will take this into consideration for our version 5 release.
jhauser
Engaged Sweeper
The top things I would like to see are:

1. Help Desk (currently using osTicket), but would like to have one with AD Integration.

2. Software Audit and Deployment (Kind of like Languard from GFI)

3. Agent Based scanning/connection for computers that are not part of the domain and remote. Something that gets installed and creates a connection back to the scanning server if possible?
AuxMax
Engaged Sweeper
Can you drop any other tidbits on the feature-set on V5? Cough...cough...multiple credential capability...cough...cough. 🙂
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
AuxMax wrote:
Can you drop any other tidbits on the feature-set on V5? Cough...cough...multiple credential capability...cough...cough. 🙂

Additional credentials capabilities are under consideration. We cannot currently provide specifics on version 5 though.

AuxMax wrote:
3. Agent Based scanning/connection for computers that are not part of the domain and remote. Something that gets installed and creates a connection back to the scanning server if possible?

Agent-based scanning is already possible with LsPush, which was introduced in version 4.2 of Lansweeper. For more info on LsPush, please refer to page 32 of our online documentation. If you are not yet using version 4.2 of Lansweeper, you can find upgrade instructions on page 103 of our documentation.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is really my top priority thing for now: inclusion of devices with dynamic IP addresses, as I'll have to deploy several Thin client devices and I need to have them included in the inventory.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BullGates wrote:
This is really my top priority thing for now: inclusion of devices with dynamic IP addresses, as I'll have to deploy several Thin client devices and I need to have them included in the inventory.

Latest version 4.2 can do this based on mac address (if the mac address can be scanned)
270admin
Engaged Sweeper
1) More Options for Licensemanagement (synchnronously based on Devices: Custom Fields e.g. Order-Number, Invoice-Number and may be a Link to add Picture from Licensecontract
1a) Licenses to add BEFORE she are installed. Sample: i Order today a License from a NEW Software (not used before) --> itr would be nice to add this exist License without a installed Version at a Machine. And this with LANsweeper's Web-Page and not in the Managertool
2) Duplicate Assets/Devices for simple Changes (e.g USB-Sticks from same supplier etc. but only what's to change is the Serialnumber)
3) WSUS-Reporting --> Updatestate use in LANsweeper
4) Role-based access to LANsweeper
6) Software deployment
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Role-based access is planned for version 5 of Lansweeper. We have no release date yet for this version.

Agent-based scanning is already possible with LsPush. More information on LsPush can be found on page 32 of our online documentation.

User logons are already tracked and can be found in tblCPlogoninfo or on computer webpages under Config\User Info\Last Logon.