1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
FWBB
Engaged Sweeper III
"2. Better file-scanning feature (wildcards, global variables to be added)"

I would like to add, content scanning for plain text files and capturing create/edit date of files scanned.
Unless I am missing something, I can't figure out how to determine a version of my custom vbs script on a desktop. The only variable I can go by is file size at the moment.

Obviously scanning large files would generate a lot of overhead but if I could scan a version.dat file with a single line (TYPE version.dat as long as there is no return in the txt file) or scan the first line of any text file, I could format my vbs to include a version number and report on it.
Wildcards would probably do the trick too, I could scan for Version.1.2.3.txt and simply include that in my script push.

Allowing custom scans to be added to the DB tables and active scans. The Monitor serial/model number script and WMI/systemenclosure script for internal asset tags come to mind.

As custom scan scripts could potentially create problems, a simple text editor might be dangerous to the stability of the product, it may require some dumbed down GUI. A WMI browser like CIM Studio or WMI Object Browser from M$ SDKs to build the query, test-scan option with some limits on errors and timetoscan. prohibit modifying commands via the GUI so nobody resets all BIOS passwords in their domain by accident. (just thinking out loud)
derek_rose
Engaged Sweeper
I would like to be able to include non-MS keys (Adobe, etc.) in the regular product key area. I know these can be done as normal registry scans, but I would prefer to have them in one location which I believe also helps reporting?
neosys
Engaged Sweeper II
In LSmanage / Configuration / Allowed GUIDS /
- Being able to add a name to the Allowed GUID (add a Column field)

Because when adding new ones it is hard to know who they are...
And reporting would show their names.

My 2 cents,

Neosys
Groupe Rodeus
cvaleriy
Engaged Sweeper
In "Digital dashboard" sorting by processor we have this:
1 * 3191 Mhz
1 * 350 Mhz
adminicrater
Engaged Sweeper
1. AJAX interface ( similar to http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry/samples/effects/multiple_slides_sample.html ?)
2. HelpDesk with threaded interface (similar to GMAIL)
3. Integration with GOOGLE APPS
4. iPhone App

cvaleriy
Engaged Sweeper
Hello, in home page of LS install we see
Not latest Service Pack {OS}

whey click at these links we see table with four rows:
Unnamed, Computer,Description,Date

This table is non informative, add row ServicePack.

Install of .NET, if not found in installed software ask user to download it from internet, or retry or install from local source - it may be hard to download 20 Mb.

In my topic http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst1533_Lansweeper-installation.aspx installing MDAC at Win 2000 solved the problem, so may be need check of os version and tell user prerequisites.

And need install for admins - full install at server, "Configuration" and "Connection tester" at sysadmin computers to work with database WITHOUT sweeping database.
Ian_Bradshaw
Engaged Sweeper II
Some sort of software subversion management ... so you don't get 8.1.1 .. 8.1.2 etc as seperate items, but have them grouped under e.g. Acrobat Reader 8 and then branches off that which are collapsable.

Useful for a) licencing, and b) not having to scan down 5000 apps to see if theres a 7.x or whatever lurking somewhere.

(This was added on the first page of the wishlist ... so just adding my support for it).

Cheers

Ian.
Ian Bradshaw wrote:
Some sort of software subversion management ... so you don't get 8.1.1 .. 8.1.2 etc as seperate items, but have them grouped under e.g. Acrobat Reader 8 and then branches off that which are collapsable.

Useful for a) licencing, and b) not having to scan down 5000 apps to see if theres a 7.x or whatever lurking somewhere.

(This was added on the first page of the wishlist ... so just adding my support for it).

YES! This would be the final solution for my license nightmares. Please, please, please think about it!

taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
Michal : I'd actually like to see LanSweeper move in the direction of being a more complete IT management solution. I see huge potential for it, and it would actually attract a large amount of new customers if it included things such as a helpdesk, SNMP, software deployment, etc.
neosys
Engaged Sweeper II
I agree with Michal and vote for Point 1 and 3
Groupe Rodeus