Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
@MakeBug: I'll make sure a developer takes a look at this, but I can't guarantee that these things will be implemented.
MakeBug
Champion Sweeper
Just "one" thing:

Deployment
I know, the whole deployment-part is still very new. But there's a lot of missing features there:
1. I would prefer the deployment-tab inside the asset-specific view to contain information from PACKAGES instead of JOBS. I don't need to know about the past deployment-jobs of a device when I enter this tab. I want to know the status of a specific package. This might be like in the deployment-module itself so you see a list of all available packages and then a small indicator that says like "installed", "scheduled/in progress", "deployment error" and "not installed". If there's an error I can find it in the deployment-log by myself.
2. There should be an option to clear old deployment-jobs (especially those with errors that have been fixed and successfully redeployed). It's really irritating if you scroll through a big log and 80% of the lines are red because the packages they're reffering to USED to not work.
3. The step-editor could include more options. To repeat steps an amount of times or for a specific time/to repeat a step with other exit-actions/to use other credentials for a specific step...
4. I need some kind of user>device>lansweeper-interaction. Currently my update-packages look as followed:
Try to install, if that fails the program might be opened (or something else but I just have to assume that it is opened). Inform the user that he needs to close the program and wait 15 minutes, then FORCE the program to close and reinstall.
This MIGHT work but if the user is having an important presentation atm. I can't just tell him to close office because the new version of a plugin needs to be installed. And especially I can't just force it to close after 15 Minutes. I'il get kicked to my chocolate-side if that happens to someone important.
I need an option for packages where I can tell them to pause if a specific program is in use...PAUSE, not fail because of the package timeout but not even start before the program is closed. Also the user needs to be informed during a deployment that he cannot use these programs at the moment (with an option to suspend the deployments for a few hours so he can hold said presentation without being interrupted).
I already started to do something like this with new packages. Meaning I create COMPLETE new scripts outside of Lansweeper which check, inform, update and then just create a command-step that runs those. But thats the way I was already doing installations BEFORE we got Lansweeper. I don't need LS for that, this way could also be achieved with autorun-entries for said scripts.

I myself don't need the first 3 points, this is stuff I already figured out how to deal with. But I'm not the only one here that should be able to use Lansweeper. This way I'm the only one able to create/deploy packages correctly and if I leave at some day noone knows how to use LS anymore (dozens of tutorials might help but...I have better stuff to do than spend all my time writing manuals).
misteng
Engaged Sweeper

1) Customizable Report and alert E-mailing (Per alert/per email)
2) Event viewer summary
3)
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
  • Customizing popups is not possible. This feature is on our wish list, but has low priority to be honest.
  • An agent for real-time and software usage monitoring is planned for a future release, but will take a while to implement.
  • The ability to restrict user access to specific assets is actively being developed, though we don't have a release date for this feature.
  • Additional logging is planned, but no release date. The help desk portion of Lansweeper, which is currently in alpha testing, does have extensive logging already.
jfhallee
Engaged Sweeper III
For us, its all about data/web access security:

• Be able to limit scope of datas (per computer OU or else) access on the web console
  • Have an application access log listing who did what where, when and which action he did. (I know you can do it in IIS, but the log is hard to read and needs a server access which we dont wanna share)

Thanks!
cojast
Engaged Sweeper III
Maybe this is already possible, but would like to see an option for installing an agent on computers. Be able to run with or with out an agent would be beneficial.

Would then like the agent to be able to give near-realtime or setup phone home intervals reporting back to the server and woudl gather information like temperature of the CPU, Power Supply, and any other temperature settings that could be read. Agent could also report on Harddrive conditions/thrashing/read writes.

Would also like to see a count of how many times a peice of software is used, this would help determine if keep support or keep the software is worth the money for the company.

Just some things i know my company wold like to see and hopefully others too.
etee
Engaged Sweeper
There is a possibility to add information on phone number from AD in a pop-up card of the user?

esserto
Engaged Sweeper
1. Helpdesk
mtbikes
Engaged Sweeper II
1) authenticate over SSH using a certificate for public/ private key pair.

2) lsPush client for Mac and Linux

3) Better search features in this forum
wgates10
Engaged Sweeper II
1) Priority scanning (Scan Now Button)
2) Report running removable from certain User interfaces.
3) Importing of Registry information to the Computer Summary Page.