1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
sweept
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
We have added your other requests to our customer wish list, but do not have a release date for them. Given everything else that's going on (the deployment beta, the help desk alpha), other features have low priority for now.

I wonder why "unfamiliar" developments (helpdesk, deployment) which are not the origin of Lansweeper are prioritized higher than basic elements an functions of an inventory solution... but okay. When the current situation will last too long, we'll be compelled to look for other solutions which meet our requirements better 😞
spgs
Engaged Sweeper II
We would like the ability to specify additional AD fields that are scanned for users and computers. This would enable us to have reports to check that all our user and computer objects are filled out correctly.
SPAMHATER007
Engaged Sweeper III
I would like to see device password management.
We have many Windows/Mac/SSH passwords for different devices, so scanning is difficult and causes problems when you scan IP ranges and assign multiple SSH logons, causes accounts to be locked or devices never get scanned.

Would like to assign individual accounts to devices for scanning purposes.
wgates10
Engaged Sweeper II
1) The ability to import scanned information into custom fields.
2) The ability to see last usage for programs. (Visio and Project)
3) User environmental variables.
lmckeega
Engaged Sweeper
We are using Lansweeper to monitor the toner levels in our printers. We send toner out to the offsite users when the toner level drops below 10%. We have created a report to show printers that are at or below that level and update the comments when the toner has been sent. It would be really helpful if we could look at a history of the toner level (to see when the toner that was sent has been replaced).
mdr
Engaged Sweeper
I would really like to have the ability to capture the configuration of devices such as switches, routers, firewalls, etc. This could be done via SNMP or maybe just SSH/TFTP. Most devices support this kind of configuration backup and it would be great to have previous versions (i.e. to see what's changed).

Why is this needed? Most environments have multiple VLANs defined in their switches and if these are port-based then these will change over time. Having a record of what changed improves security and allows the configuration to be restored if a device fails, is reset, or is replaced.

Many thanks
RBosch01
Engaged Sweeper II
I know it's been requested already, but I would like the option to NOT scan monitors. Preferably as an option on the Configuration screen, where it lists all asset "types" and an option to turn off scanning against each.
We really don't care about monitors, but we do care about the Lansweeper DB size and its performance. Having thousands of records we don't really need makes no sense at all.
At the moment I am manually deleting all monitors, but this is laborious!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
RBosch01 wrote:
I know it's been requested already, but I would like the option to NOT scan monitors. Preferably as an option on the Configuration screen, where it lists all asset "types" and an option to turn off scanning against each.

This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it.

RBosch01 wrote:
We really don't care about monitors, but we do care about the Lansweeper DB size and its performance. Having thousands of records we don't really need makes no sense at all.
At the moment I am manually deleting all monitors, but this is laborious!

Deleting monitors is somewhat pointless, as the assets will return when the corresponding computers are rescanned. Note that non-Windows assets take up very little database space and that monitors do not count towards your licensed asset limit, if you have one.
hitechgreg
Engaged Sweeper III
I know i posted in an earlier post, but this came to mind over the weekend.

I'd like to see a wizard for building reports. the reports in your software are very good, but they're to complicated for us common folk. Once that's working add the ability to give other users access to the wizard to run reports.

Is there any documentation regarding the reports and what tables store what information to make life easier?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
hitechgreg wrote:
I know i posted in an earlier post, but this came to mind over the weekend.
I'd like to see a wizard for building reports. the reports in your software are very good, but they're to complicated for us common folk. Once that's working add the ability to give other users access to the wizard to run reports.

Is there any documentation regarding the reports and what tables store what information to make life easier?

Next version will add a feature "dynamic asset groups" which will be some sort of "easy" reporting.