Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
zailleh
Engaged Sweeper II
1. Ability to map credentials to groups groups of assets and/or asset types (eg, specify credentials for Remote Access Controllers).
2. Ability to set a custom run time for each scheduled report
3. Use last successful credential on each asset to limit unnecessary authentication attempts
4. VMware Changes:
4a. Scanning at the vSphere level (Detect vsphere host name and access MOB from there)
4b. Linking Guests to Clusters rather than Hosts (as they may move around hosts frequently depending on resource useage)
MikeInLa
Champion Sweeper
PLEASE... I would LOVE the ability to NOT add certain asset types when they are scanned. In other words... If a computer is scanned at IP address x.x.x.x, and also it scans a monitor, webserver, and printer connected to it... I just want the computer added.
Thank you!
MikeInLa wrote:
PLEASE... I would LOVE the ability to NOT add certain asset types when they are scanned. In other words... If a computer is scanned at IP address x.x.x.x, and also it scans a monitor, webserver, and printer connected to it... I just want the computer added.
Thank you!

Alternative feature: If the above can't be done right away, then perhaps an easy way to automatically eliminate certain asset types we choose (Delete all "Monitors" -or- Delete all "Web Servers"). Maybe add a function under the Configuration tab, or better yet, under the "Assets" tab: "Eliminate Assets by type". It would open up and you could check the types you want removed from inventory then run the script. Just a thought, thanks!
IT-riha
Engaged Sweeper III
yes that's right but it would nice if you are able to show or hide each action on the left for individual users
IT-riha
Engaged Sweeper III
Better rights management. For example, users have the right to use only LSremote. Or just pinging. The web Roles must be better subdivided
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
IT-riha wrote:
Better rights management. For example, users have the right to use only LSremote. Or just pinging. The web Roles must be better subdivided

LSremote is a standalone tool, it only works if your current logged in user has remote administrative tools on the remote computer.
almor
Engaged Sweeper II
Would like to do a mass change/edit on a report/search results
hitechgreg
Engaged Sweeper III
Wild card searching. We've been using Spiceworks for a couple of years. Purchased Lansweeper for software compliancy and I really miss the ability to start typing in a portion of a PC name and it display all assets with similar characters. We use asset tags numbers for our PCs with letters to specify location. just typing in that number with the auto populate like devices is nice.

Help desk! With help desk though, tie it in to the assets. If a computer crashes you can easily create a help desk ticket associated with that device. If it happens again, you can easily see that the asset has a help desk ticket associated with it for quick reference.

Outside of that, Lansweeper does what we need it to do and we love it!
cojast
Engaged Sweeper III
My company would like to see the following added...

1. Call center function(i understand this is in the works) hopefully it will have a web app that we can add to our internal company webpage so the users can click on it enter a WO and it sends it to us.

2. More hardware monitoring so we can compare history of hardware to see if it is getting close to failing or it is not performing properly..example is CPU fan speed or any fan speed the MB can detect, HD smart(i understand this is in the works) need to know if HD is close to failing or the amount of read/write, power supply not supplying enough...

3. Network utilization device to switch or switch to swith...either history or real-time.
imort
Engaged Sweeper
Is this possible that when I move an asset to new group, all assets related to it moved to this group too?