cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hypnofish
Engaged Sweeper

Good afternoon!

I have some assets that go to sleep, which result in LS failing during it's scanning times.

I can't seem to find an option to enable WoL before scan, though I do see options to ping before scan. 

Is there a way we can Ping -> WoL -> Scan automatically??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rom
Champion Sweeper III

Geeze I knew I remembered seeing WoL somewhere- forget what I said -  create a scheduled deployment and point it to the scanning error report, and choose to wake on lan:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
rom
Champion Sweeper III

Geeze I knew I remembered seeing WoL somewhere- forget what I said -  create a scheduled deployment and point it to the scanning error report, and choose to wake on lan:

Hypnofish
Engaged Sweeper

Thanks Rom.  Giving this a go.  I just created a blank package and tagged it to a new deployment configuration and set it up as you had in your screenshot.  Giving it a test today!

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

Is it possible to create quick works and do nothing deploy?

rom
Champion Sweeper III

it won't do a deployment with no steps, however you could just do a sleep or wait command for a few seconds probably

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

Wow, thanks @rom. It's new info for me! 

rom
Champion Sweeper III

You could make a powershell wake-on-lan script, and make it a scheduled task -  set a report of the scanning errored devices and set it to save as a CSV, then pipe the CSV into the script to wake them all up...  reference: https://superuser.com/questions/1768290/executing-wake-on-lan-from-vanilla-windows-cmd

Mister_Nobody
Honored Sweeper II

You have to create support case with feature request!