cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
Got the express version going to a point and purchased the premium pack and promptly broke it. So this is a case of problem between the interface and the chair, i.e. ME.

I have blithly carried on and installed the latest lansweeper service as per the instuctions in the how-to-install.pdf in the service folder of the download.

The service uninstalled and installed with out error but when I start the service but it would not start. This is the error

Could not start the Lansweeper Service service on Local Comptuer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
19 REPLIES 19
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bjoyce wrote:
Thanks for helping. Well theres my problem, i was using firefox not ie.

When using ie i still get an error when trying thr remote control link. It tells me "Remote registry access fail"

You need to have administrative permissions on the client where you want to remote control. (And the remote registry service must be started on the client)
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
bjoyce wrote:
Thanks for helping. Well theres my problem, i was using firefox not ie.

When using ie i still get an error when trying thr remote control link. It tells me "Remote registry access fail"

You need to have administrative permissions on the client where you want to remote control. (And the remote registry service must be started on the client)

The remote registry service is running under the user NT AUTHORITY\LocalService on the remote server with the administrator password but it still comes up with the same error "Remote registry access fail"
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Have you enabled the option to allow activex to run in ie settings?

If when you click on the action you get a "error on page" icon in the bottom left hand corner of your IE screen then this is likely to be the case...

Do any of the custom actions work? I.e. c$ / Computer management etc. These should work without any additional files or config - EXCEPT the Active X enabled in IE.

Check the LS documentation custom actions section for exactly what to enable - I think it is initialise and script Active X controls not marked as safe for scripting. Safest way to do this is add your LS server to your trusted sites and only enable this for trusted sites.

Hope this makes sense.
ccdesktop wrote:

Check the LS documentation

Where do I find this documentation?
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
Nuts, it still does nothing 😞
I have added a directory at \\mydomaincontroller\netlogon\ls\lstrigger.exe and copied all the tools across to this folder

what else do i need to check?
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Yes to the path to lstrigger.exe

myserver refers to the name of your Lansweeper server - so wherever you use lsclient to communicate to in your logon script

{computer} and {domain} are variables that you don't need to change as when you click lstrigger from the web page it will substitute the computername and domain of the computer your are currently viewing.

So if you have lstrigger.exe saved on \\server1\share1\lansweepertools\lstrigger

And your main Lansweeper server is called LSWEEP1 your path for Lstrigger would be:

\\server1\share1\lansweepertools\lstrigger lsweep1 {computer} {domain}

For lsremote it would be

\\server1\share1\lansweepertools\lsremote {computer}

and so on.

The gifs, sort order, enabled and confirmation are fairly self expanatory...

gif - image shown on webpage for the action
sort order - where it appears in the list
enabled - on or off on webpage
confirmation - confirm before running

Hope this helps...?
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
So in the gui under config I see this
Description Action Icon Sortorder Enabled Confirmation
Trigger scan lstrigger.exe myserver {computer} {domain} trigger.gif 0 True True

do i swap myserver for the server where I share lstrigger?
what do i put in {computer} {domain}?
do i need to put in the share name? e.g. \\myserver\netlogon\ls\lstrigger.exe?
ccdesktop
Champion Sweeper
Make sure you change the path for the custom action (in the LS GUI) to point at the SHARED SERVER location for the tools you want to get working.

So copy LSREMOTE.exe to \\server\share\lsremote.exe and change the path of the custom action to point to this location.

Simple.
bjoyce
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks, i overwrote the config file. Service now working.

Now for the next problem, on the web interface how do i get the tools working on the action page.
e.g. remote access, trigger scan etc.? Nothing happens when i click on them.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There can be 2 reasons:

-The account you choose was different from the previous one and doesn't have administrative rights (or cannot run as a service)
-You don't have the lansweeperservice.exe.config file