cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvdsabu4life
Engaged Sweeper III
I reinstalled LS 5 on a new server. I forgot to add the OU filtering. Now it shows all the PCs in the domain. I added the OU filter now. How do I remove all the PCs and start a rescan?
7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The display options were added precisely to prevent your browser from crashing. Reducing the size of the asset list will improve performance.
scpspjk
Engaged Sweeper
Update:
Setting the Display value to 1000 or less and attempting to delete all of the assets, will work without issue.
Once you set the Display to 5000 (or higher in my case) and delete the assets, the web interface shows that it is processing and stays that way forever.
Not an expert, but I think that somehow that database cannot handle this type of request, or the data connection is lost between the web browser and the database.
scpspjk
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the change, however, now I am stuck with an unresponsive browser. See attached.

In addition, I know the 5 provides a way to filter the Assets, but in my case of 24,000 assets (now 17,000) I have limited abilities based on the amount of memory used by the browser to show that large of a data set.

Any chance to put an option within Configuration to "remove all assets by type" ?

I'm still at a loss as to how to remove all computer objects.
scpspjk
Engaged Sweeper
How do you do this for 24,000 assets?
I see that the display option allows you to sort 5,000, but do not see an option to do more than that.

Also, version 4 allowed you to select multiple assets in sequence by clicking the first asset and holding the SHIFT key down to select the final asset. Any change that will be added to version 5?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
scpspjk wrote:
How do you do this for 24,000 assets?
I see that the display option allows you to sort 5,000, but do not see an option to do more than that.

Version 5.0.0.52 now contains the "all" option: http://www.lansweeper.com/changelog.aspx
rvdsabu4life
Engaged Sweeper III
Duh! That was so easy that I missed it
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
- Click the Assets link at the top of the web console.
- Filter one or more of the available columns to find the assets you need.
- Tick check boxes in front of individual assets or tick the upper check box to select all assets in the current selection.
- Hit the Delete button on the left.
- If you are using Active Scanning, your machines will automatically be scanned when they report to a domain controller.