cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkapera
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

We been having staff here just email a dedicated mailbox for their requests and Lansweeper takes that email and creates us a ticket. Is there anyway to have lansweeper auto assign ticket to an agent from email creation? If i read right i see that the auto assign is only for web additions only but what about email ticket creations? Can someone assist me with that?

Also, when I make a note of the ticket, i get emails of what i said. Is there a way to shut that off and only have the end user get the email and not myself. Basically if Self posts in the ticket then self shouldn't receive an email but everyone else part of the ticket should.

Thanks, Jason
3 REPLIES 3
khancock1
Engaged Sweeper II
**************************************************************************************************************
**WARNING - I'M FAR FROM A REAL DBA. THIS WILL PROBABLY DO HORRIBLE THINGS IN THE FUTURE IF YOU REPEAT IT!!!**
**************************************************************************************************************

I had already looked into dispatch rules and they don't fit the bill for us as they require submission via email. We want our users submitting via the web so that we can capture better / more info at the time of submission.

I played with the database a bit and came up with the below chunk of code. It does a join of the users and ticket tables, gathers the users company info (which was auto populated from AD) and then assigns the tech manually. I then created a trigger on the ticket table that updates on insert. This allows us to get tickets assigned to the correct tech but circumvents notifications so the techs are going to have to check their tickets manually rather than monitor email. Not ideal but at least it will get us out of the mouse trap we're in now.

Update htblticket
set agentid = '15' /*update for different tech ids*/
FROM htblticket
Join htblusers htblusers1 On htblusers1.userid = htblticket.fromuserid
where htblticket.agentid IS NULL
And htblusers1.company like 'company name from AD' /*update for different companies*/

I'd love to hear about a better way to do if anyone has ideas....
jkapera
Engaged Sweeper
So I got auto assign to work with creating a ticket dispatch rule that if anyone has our domain in from address it will automatically assign ticket to me. That seems to be working.

Now what is happening is I'm not receiving email notification when a new ticket is created/assigned to me. I looked all over and can't seem to find the solution. Any ideas where I can turn that on?

Thanks, Jason

Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
You can automatically dispatch tickets that originated via email under Configuration\Email Settings in the web console, scroll down to Ticket Dispatching. This is explained in this article under Ticket dispatching, auto assign and autoclose.

To prevent receiving emails about your own notes you can go to the web console, click the cogwheel at the top right and check "Don't email on my updates".