cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgoldenbogen
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi everybody,

I modified the default report "Device: New devices found in the 7 days" to get a report about devices which showed up in the last hour.
I added this to E-mail alerts to get notified.

I found out, every now an then the report contains assets already known to me. Some of them are in my network for years.

I realized that the Firstseen table field got updated, altough the asset has not changed at all.

Could someone explain to me please, under which circumstances an asset is detected as new?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Dan909
Engaged Sweeper II
Just to add to this. We've had the same issue with our installation. It appears that the bug has been present since 7.2.100.20. The issue doesn't affect first seen dates though, the merge issues essentially combined different assets resulting in corrupted data. We also saw instances of assets that had been scanned vanishing entirely.

In the end we engaged lansweeper support for help and we were told to upgrade to 7.2.100.28. While this resolved the issue it did not fix the already mis-merged assets. We had to restore a database backup from before our upgrade to 7.2.100.20 to get out historical first seen dates back.

Its been a bit of a hassle but we have since not seen any problems with any of the assets that were corrupted. I would urge anyone affected by the merge issues to restore from a previous backup as you really can't trust the data that may have changed since 7.2.100.20's release.

Buggy update from lansweeper but we love the software so they get a pass from us!
pgoldenbogen
Engaged Sweeper II
All right. I just finished updating to the newest version.
Let's see what happens. I'll report.
pgoldenbogen
Engaged Sweeper II
I am on 7.1.118.10 right now. I'll install 7.2.100.28 later today and see if this fixes the issue.
knubyo
Engaged Sweeper
im also interested, because something is wrong with the scanning for me in the last few days. curiously some assets in my network was found new and are now doubled. maybe this results from the same bug?

fjca
Champion Sweeper II
Robert Grafe wrote:
im also interested, because something is wrong with the scanning for me in the last few days. curiously some assets in my network was found new and are now doubled. maybe this results from the same bug?

It's a current bug, that seems to affect mainly devices with multiple interfaces, on our case laptops, that can connect via wifi or wired connections. It was supposed to be resolved on the penultimate version, but I saw another case yesterday, I must install the latest version to see if it completely solved...