cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesB
Engaged Sweeper
So i recently updated my SQL Server instances but lansweeper is still reporting the older version even after a rescan. The File Version number seems to have updated correctly though, any ideas on how to fix? im on version v. 7.0.151.4.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
JamesB
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks both, so the scan time is fine, I am happy with that. @njordur, I think you are correct this does seem to be the issue for me. So I am going to struggle with a custom registry due to us multi-instancing SQL Server which means we end up with custom naming and then taking into account the multiple versions, I am not sure I am going to be able to do it this way? I'm thinking this is a question for support to see if we can get it included in the out of the box functionality...
njordur
Engaged Sweeper III
I think Lansweeper is scanning the registry value of Version under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQLXX.MSSQLSERVER\Setup" when it should be reading PatchLevel... I think that is your problem.

One solution would be to create a custom registry scan and create reports with that registry value to get this to work.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
My first thought would be that the item scan time is set to a few days so unless you do a manual rescan it won't be updated yet.

If you find the SQL server item you can lower the interval. An interval of 0 means a rescan during every scan.