1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
gtrade
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

1) The possibility to capture hardware data of network printer, switch, router ... every device on network ...
2) The possibility to use a part of your HTML page in a frame of a third part applications
3) SNMP Network scan

Regards,
RP
philou92
Engaged Sweeper II
My wishes :

1. Scan for all network elements (printers, scanners, switches, routers, NAS, etc.)
2. Possibility to execute scripts on each computer with active scan
3. Add more win32_classes which are not yet included
4. Asset management capabilities on local hardware (monitors, local printers, local scanners, ...) with computer linkage
4bis. Asset management capabilities on other hardware not plugged directly on computers and not scannable
5. Active Scan on IP range
6. Trigger scan on multiple computers (list, OU, domain)
7. Software grouping
8. Add pages on web console (Security dashboard, Network dashboard, AD dahsboard, ...)
9. Possibility to change names of "custom" fields on hardware tables (computer, printers, monitors, local printers, ...)
10. Add more info on GUID table
11. Software usage count

Ouch!!!

One last question : Do you know when next version will be released and is it possible to get an overview of changes?

Thanks & regards
dawnlowery
Engaged Sweeper
1. Merge Software Versions (or a separate an option to do this). I like to know at a glance how many I have of each software...much easier to track.
2. More Microsoft product keys built in by default.
3. Track additional manufacturers such as Adobe, Autodesk etc.
4. Scan for printers.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
dawnlowery wrote:

3. Track additional manufacturers such as Adobe, Autodesk etc.

Do you mean to track the license keys?
i_kulgu
Champion Sweeper
I only have 2 wishes.

1- Grouping of software on the license compliance.
2- Web monitoring of users.

I know the second one is hard to realize because you'll get a lot of log files and the connection could get overloaded because of data transfer of the logs.
But can you maybe find an option to monitor a user only when you want till the day / time you want.

You can also take a look at the; http://sarg.sourceforge.net/sarg.php
This may help you to get an idea about it..
We are working with it now but it runs on a linux server so maybe you can implement it into LS.

I'd be pleased to see {MACaddress} in Custom Variables. (to make WOL work unless you have any other idea how to WOL remote PC's).
Thanks,
Martin

You can do this from the default view of a comp. than look at the "Network Wake On Lan" tab.

There you'll see a ethernet card name with hyperlink, by clicking on the name you send a WOL.
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
I'd be pleased to see {MACaddress} in Custom Variables. (to make WOL work unless you have any other idea how to WOL remote PC's).
Thanks,
Martin
TRC
Engaged Sweeper
The only reason I found this post is because I was trying to find a way to do "license grouping" as described earlier. I for one think this feature would be a great addition. Sometimes you don't care so much about the subversion of software. For example, I am trying to use the software license tracking feature to keep track of Office 2003 installations, no matter what subversion. I have a certain number of licenses and without this feature, it is almost impossible to use this to track software as you end up with several different subversion, depending on how it has been updated.

Good idea and I can't wait to see this implemented as I could use it right now. Thank you.

cojast
Engaged Sweeper III
1. Scan for Printers and MFP
2. Scan for switches and routers and other network equipment that is not a computer
3. A way to link this data to a map of your building or office space...this would be way cool and could be expanded on as it grows... to start simple would be if i had a cad or pdf with locations of computers/printers i could click on the computer icon which is linked by either IP or dns name to lansweeper with all the information about that workstation.
Pollak
Engaged Sweeper III
Web monitoring and filtering.

Thanks,
Niles
R3dSk1ns
Engaged Sweeper
I am just now evaluating LANSWEEPER for our Enterprise. We are very impressed and excited about this product. It does exactly what is claims, easily too. The Free vs. Premium does offer some difference, especially since we utilize an OU structure for our AD Sites. Here are some things we would be more than sold on to ehance this product and help you all reach more customer base.

1. Integrated AD Authentication or SQL-Based. Either works for our structure. While I understand we can restrict access to the Web console to specific AD groups but we would like more granular access for users. We have a distributed environment with support staff at 20+ locations. All our computers are assigned specific OU's by location. It would be "nice" to just have the Admin responsible for OU=X to only see computers, reports, etc to their specifically assigned OU or OU's. Also this can work directly with Custom Actions (custom actions can be limited now through AD, based on share access permissions and locations). Incorporating this would allow tracking and logging controls by user as well.

2. Customization for Web console - add top level navigation to more pages with other reporting. Maybe an AD section to show each "Location" or AD Site the computer belongs too. I know some can be developed in Report Builder but the Dashboard, and other front-ends can get jumbled quickly with numerous reports.

3. Logical Grouping for Software Licenses. Looks like a lot of interest in this. Even though we have Microsoft SA on Office products we do not always update everyone to the latest applications unless their system comes off the leasing schedule or there is some specific need for it. So we may have several versions out on the network but we are covered under SA. Same goes with our Exchange, SQL and Windows Servers too.
Another issue with this is the verison numbers need to be consolitdated. I think a previous post said something about a colapsable tree that had the main app with totals and then each version listed bewlow it. I know some of this can be done by custom reports but one of your selling points is License Compliance.

4. Scanning Schedules - I know each component has X number of days before it scans again. It would be nice to have the ability for custom schedules for OU or Full domain scanning.

5. Expand the Custom Fields options. I may have missed it and might be able to change it in a table, but it would be nice to change the labels of some of the fields to support our needs.

6. "Tag" Searched Computers - I love the search options on the web console. It would be a nice option to show the computers from the search results that show an "error" or an "alert" threshold message. Just to flag it as one of the 3 priority listings. An example would be if I search for all computernames that start with AB - it returns all systems that have that as the first two letters of the computer name. It would be a nice feature to have it show which system has an alert; like Virus Scan not installed or out of date DAT files, WMI error, Not scanned in X number of days, etc. It could just be a single priority alert. This helps us as we use a two character location prefix for all our computernames. See #1 for where that comes in too.

I will be presenting this to our remote support staff in the next couple days. I expect them to really like this product and I am sure we will be adapting this as our primary network auditing tool. I look forward to seeing the next enhancements to this product.