Lansweeper Alumni
Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
R3dSk1ns wrote:
1. Integrated AD Authentication or SQL-Based. Either works for our structure. While I understand we can restrict access to the Web console to specific AD groups but we would like more granular access for users. We have a distributed environment with support staff at 20+ locations. All our computers are assigned specific OU's by location. It would be "nice" to just have the Admin responsible for OU=X to only see computers, reports, etc to their specifically assigned OU or OU's. Also this can work directly with Custom Actions (custom actions can be limited now through AD, based on share access permissions and locations). Incorporating this would allow tracking and logging controls by user as well.

I second this one.

If we could restrict users to specific OU's, we would have already purchased the premium version.

It looks like version 4 will accomplish another wish; viewing scheduled tasks for a computer.

Is there a release date for 4?

Thanks,
Major
BenKnox
Engaged Sweeper
When are we expecting the next version to be released?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
BenKnox wrote:
When are we expecting the next version to be released?

No date is announced yet.
paprita
Champion Sweeper
Actually web access of Lansweeper is regolated by the rule: only if you are in the right group/groups you can enter, everybody at the same level.

I think could be very useful to have different access levels to regulate each level function ... if an administrator can do everithing, may be someone else shouldn't see administrative shares (C$, admin$), take a snapshot of a desktop or take control of a remote machine ... I find this issue very important and interesting ...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
paprita wrote:
I think could be very useful to have different access levels to regulate each level function ... if an administrator can do everithing, may be someone else shouldn't see administrative shares (C$, admin$), take a snapshot of a desktop or take control of a remote machine ... I find this issue very important and interesting ...

These rights are protected by the username you log on with and start the browser.
Clicking on the link to C$ only works if the user has the necessary rights anyway.
paprita
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
paprita wrote:

These rights are protected by the username you log on with and start the browser.
Clicking on the link to C$ only works if the user has the necessary rights anyway.

This is true but because of italian law, an administrator who CAN see private data is different from another one who CAN'T do that ...
For this reason, I would like to create a domain admin group (in ordet to have permission to do everithing) with the possibility of choosing, for each of them, the right level of access to lansweeper web ...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
paprita wrote:

This is true but because of italian law, an administrator who CAN see private data is different from another one who CAN'T do that ...
For this reason, I would like to create a domain admin group (in ordet to have permission to do everithing) with the possibility of choosing, for each of them, the right level of access to lansweeper web ...

Because admin$ is in the action list doesn't mean that he can use it
paprita
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
paprita wrote:

Because admin$ is in the action list doesn't mean that he can use it

Ok ... it was my mistake ... if a domain admin can see private data he can do it with or without lansweeper ... if an user can access to lansweeper, he can't make any action because he's just an user ... that's true ...
ffA
Engaged Sweeper
in no particular order

Grouping of multiple boot machines.
All the tools to be in a tools folder (where possible) to make it easier to move/control access.
Link from the service status to the scanning list page
List of the last x seen machines
List of last x users logged on to a machine
Link from the Domains/Operating systems list to the never scanned machines.
Display of FSMO roles/Master Browser in the network
an image to identify the different states of the machine (not active, sold etc..)
Additional machine state Scraped

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Grouping of multiple boot machines.

What exactly do you mean by this?