4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
davemann
Engaged Sweeper
RMH wrote:
2) Software Usage Reporting on all platforms

Plus:

- License Downgrade Compliance Logic
(Own 200 MS Office 2010 Standard Licenses, and 800 Office 2007 Standard licenses, but all installed base is Office 2007 Standard - 1000 total, this is compliant)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
RMH wrote:
1) Mac, VM, Linux configs, software, etc..

Extended support for Linux, Unix, Mac and VMware will be included in Lansweeper 5.0. We expect to have a beta installer ready by September.
Elmrakby
Engaged Sweeper II
1- Software metering .. This is essential feature and will set LanSweeper in a different competition edge
2- Ability to read external list of computers and run specific reports on them
3- widen search frites as on the main page
pybe
Engaged Sweeper II
+1 for some kind of mobile access.

It wouldnt need the Actions other than maybe rescan. Just view, edit & searching existing items would be a huge bonus.

I pretty sure that most support staff have smartphone's or tablets with them when they are running around and being able to access the information in lansweeper would be invaluble.

I would love to create qr code labels to stick on everything to open a search url with the barcode or serial on it like:

http://lansweeper:81/default.aspx?item=compdetail&comp=92&title=123456AAA

So that I could ping up the details on my devices from my phone. (Would be awsome for asset tracking walk rounds).

Fingers crossed something like this happens.

Cheers
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
1) Software management (you already know my suggestions from other posts in the wishlist section. Get rid of the software clutter.
2) More Operating system categories on the dashboard
Ex: Windows 32 bit versus 64 bit.
OS language version
Include Linux vendors
3) Have the ability to not show the chassis info on the dashboard
4) Include Microsoft installed "features" when detecting installed software
5) For IE, don't just rely on Add/remove programs to determine what is installed. After a while for a new OS, Microsoft starts including by default the newer IE. This was the case for IE9 and Windows 7. So if I want to know who has IE9, as of now I don't get the true answer/count!

Pierre
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
PierreM wrote:
For IE, don't just rely on Add/remove programs to determine what is installed. After a while for a new OS, Microsoft starts including by default the newer IE. This was the case for IE9 and Windows 7. So if I want to know who has IE9, as of now I don't get the true answer/count!

Please refer to this forum thread for information on detecting IE9 installations.
PierreM
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
PierreM wrote:
For IE, don't just rely on Add/remove programs to determine what is installed. After a while for a new OS, Microsoft starts including by default the newer IE. This was the case for IE9 and Windows 7. So if I want to know who has IE9, as of now I don't get the true answer/count!

Please refer to this forum thread for information on detecting IE9 installations.

Thanks for the workaround/solution but IE9 was just an example.

I'm not big on writing/running custom queries. I like the reports that are provided by Lansweeper. In the case of the "All Microsoft software installed" report, the counts that are reported for IE (any version) is not necessarily accurate because of what I described in the way Microsoft releases its updates.

So my wish is that you somehow take Microsoft's software release mechanism into account in your program's ability to gather and report a correct computer count. IE is the one program that I'm aware of that is released this way. I don't know if there are any others.

BTW, you have a great product!
Pierre
wcb
Engaged Sweeper III
OK, I get that software management will be greatly expanded in version 5 and no release date yet.

In this expanded software management, I would like to see:

Addition of tracking for maintenance cost in addition to license purchase price. This could be kept as a child table with different entries by maintenance term which would also track maintenance expiration. If entries are made for a future period, we should also be able to mark entries as actually paid as opposed to just budget planning. Unpaid items could be reported on to make sure that maintenance was actually renewed and not missed. (This model could probably be easily applied to computer and device maintenance as well.)

A method to add custom software definitions for programs that do not add an entry to the current locations that are scanned. This could be file or registry scanning to detect these programs and allow them to be added into the software inventory. (What are the current locations that are scanned for software - is it just the uninstall entries?)

Custom definitions may also help those people that want to more finely track software suites. Perhaps eventually it could expand into a child category for software of software modules.
nonfatmedia
Engaged Sweeper
I would like the ability to click the IP on a list of printers and be able to get HTTP from just that link. (without having to click the IP, then enter the device page, and then have to click HTTP) it would be easier to just click the IP once
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
A way to scan MAC address on different subnet. Perhaps a small agent we can run on a remote pc or a special option in LSPUSH that does a quick netscan/ping of the targeted pc subnet and reports back the arp results to the server as a reference tool?

I basically need this to keep track of IP phones that are not scannable on a remote subnet.