2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
hpitman
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
hpitman wrote:

I'd also like to see it able to receive snmp traps and send notifications based on those traps and have the ability to add mibs for devices lansweeper doesn't know about.

About the mibs: do you want to store all information from the device in the lansweeper database or how do you think this should work?

Just the mib info would be stored in lansweeper so that when a trap came in from a device, lansweeper would know how to interpret it. For example, if we loaded the apc mib, when a trap from an apc ups device came in, lansweeper would know what kind of event it is and then do whatever (alert, alarm, ignore, etc). You could then specify what events show up on a dashboard widget or alert email.

having the ability to compile and import mibs into lansweeper can also help lansweeper know how to understand some snmp info that it reads from a device. I think you do that already but it could help for those non-standard or unknown snmp capable devices.
hpitman wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:
hpitman wrote:

I'd also like to see it able to receive snmp traps and send notifications based on those traps and have the ability to add mibs for devices lansweeper doesn't know about.

About the mibs: do you want to store all information from the device in the lansweeper database or how do you think this should work?

Just the mib info would be stored in lansweeper so that when a trap came in from a device, lansweeper would know how to interpret it. For example, if we loaded the apc mib, when a trap from an apc ups device came in, lansweeper would know what kind of event it is and then do whatever (alert, alarm, ignore, etc). You could then specify what events show up on a dashboard widget or alert email.

having the ability to compile and import mibs into lansweeper can also help lansweeper know how to understand some snmp info that it reads from a device. I think you do that already but it could help for those non-standard or unknown snmp capable devices.

Also for me it would be great the ability to import MIB files (and/or manually instert their parameters).
miki
Engaged Sweeper
For every computer you have custom fields. It's open solution for people, who would like to provide some more detailed information (i.e. from external systems).
I have 2 proposals:
- enable to import data from file
- create similar custom fields for Software. I know, that such solution would be good, if company has own software library (i.e it registers, which user accepts software for usage, in which area software is used, providing information concerning software administrator or storing information about other lifecycle features). It looks like easy step, but extends your database for quite a lot of new possibilities. Of course importing data from file is also good idea..

Regards
Michal
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
miki wrote:
For every computer you have custom fields. It's open solution for people, who would like to provide some more detailed information (i.e. from external systems).
I have 2 proposals:
- enable to import data from file
- create similar custom fields for Software. I know, that such solution would be good, if company has own software library (i.e it registers, which user accepts software for usage, in which area software is used, providing information concerning software administrator or storing information about other lifecycle features). It looks like easy step, but extends your database for quite a lot of new possibilities. Of course importing data from file is also good idea..

Regards
Michal

These features are currently on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for them. The priority for now is a help desk tool.
filland
Engaged Sweeper
I would like to have as custom action to be able to open viclient to connect to vmware servers
Maybe this is possible ?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
filland wrote:
I would like to have as custom action to be able to open viclient to connect to vmware servers
Maybe this is possible ?

This should work: https://www.2realities.com/howtos/vsphere/vsphere_client_cli_options
gdavid
Champion Sweeper
I'd love to see a tool like lspush for mac and linux, so i can export to a file to our lansweeper server, for our offsite laptop checks.

also a scan for mobile devices would be great. pick up IMEI, phone number, etc.

also i would love to see a compliance check for updates and software. I would love to be able to say all machines should have software items a,b,c.
then view a dashboard that has the machines out of compliance for this.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
gdavid wrote:
I'd love to see a tool like lspush for mac and linux, so i can export to a file to our lansweeper server, for our offsite laptop checks.

This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for it.

gdavid wrote:
also i would love to see a compliance check for updates and software. I would love to be able to say all machines should have software items a,b,c.
then view a dashboard that has the machines out of compliance for this.

This can already be achieved through reporting. If you are unsure how to generate such a report, please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with your report requirements. We will send you the report.
Dibbes
Engaged Sweeper
I'd like to see the Last Patched autofilled, instead of having to keep track of this manually.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Dibbes wrote:
I'd like to see the Last Patched autofilled, instead of having to keep track of this manually.

Windows Update installation dates are not uniformly stored in WMI and are not always available, which makes it difficult to generate a report that lists a machine's most recently installed patch. The best you can do is generate a report listing the most recently scanned patches. Such a report can be found here.