2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
amal_ravi
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Support,

Thanks for your reply

I have configured reporting through email and has entered/filled all the relevant details. When I click mail selected reports now , I am not getting any result

Could you please comment on this
amal_ravi
Engaged Sweeper
Real time monitoring of server and network nodes

Order reports under various groups

Currently logged on users in AD (tile format)

Active online machines

Predefined options for registry scanning

More control over website, I mean more level of website control, who should access what should access,

Software tracking in separate tab, where installed, what is installed, when installed

Warning in case of any unwanted software installed that consumes network bandwidth

Better report generation through emails

Option to integrate remote desktop tools, free

Better software installation methods, since you have the domain admin password, need to uninstall any installed applications

Better error reporting

Automatic report generation

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
amal.ravi wrote:
Active online machines

You can hit the Ping Assets button within a report to see which machines are online, if this is what you're asking.

amal.ravi wrote:
Better report generation through emails
Automatic report generation

Could you clarify what you mean by this.

amal.ravi wrote:
Option to integrate remote desktop tools, free

You can already integrate tools that accept parameters, by creating custom actions under Configuration/Website Management/Asset Pages. A Remote Control tool is also built into your Lansweeper installation.
GlobeOp1
Engaged Sweeper
1) Asset import from CSV via web interface (for mobile phones, monitors, etc.)
2) Manual asset linking fields, such as "replacement for" easily linked to another asset. Also could link users to static assets such as BlackBerrys so it show in their profiles.
3) Ability to modify default columns (need Barcode)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
csavard wrote:
1) Asset import from CSV via web interface (for mobile phones, monitors, etc.)
2) Manual asset linking fields, such as "replacement for" easily linked to another asset. Also could link users to static assets such as BlackBerrys so it show in their profiles.

You will be able to link and import assets in Lansweeper 5.1. We hope to release a 5.1 beta installer in either late September or October.

csavard wrote:
3) Ability to modify default columns (need Barcode)

Could you clarify what you mean by this? Are you trying to add the Barcode field to a particular page/report?
Dogeron
Engaged Sweeper II
- Software deployment is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for this feature.

Rather than re-invent the wheel, may I suggest incorporating an existing Open Source product like OCS Inventory's bandwidth friendly Teledeploy.

Teledeploy documentation

Dogeron
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

Software deployment is my biggest requirement, I know its been requested before I'm not sure on it's status.

My only concern is bandwidth between sites, for remote site desktops with NICs of 100Mb or 1Gb can easily achieve 100% utilization on say a 20Mb inter-site WAN connection - so granular bandwidth control is essential.

Really interested in the Help desk functionality and would be interested in more details, as I'm now into year 2 of my 5 year end life notice period on my current help desk system.

Thanks,
Roger
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Dogeron wrote:
Software deployment is my biggest requirement, I know its been requested before I'm not sure on it's status.

Really interested in the Help desk functionality and would be interested in more details, as I'm now into year 2 of my 5 year end life notice period on my current help desk system.

- A help desk is currently in development. Please contact support@lansweeper.com to be added to our list of beta testers.
- Software deployment is on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for this feature.
afinetycon
Engaged Sweeper
More indepth look on the servers

Hard drive breakdown
-size
-speed
-serial
-how many
-what RAID

Server info wanted
-how many bays available
-how many bays total
-Exchange DB Size
Stewie
Engaged Sweeper II
1) a field in SNMP to display which datajack a switch port is wired to
2) clean up Remote Control - frequently when the user moves their mouse around or types, the screen on my end does not update until I move my mouse, which tends to mess them up
3)update the assets table by serial number. when a computer is renamed, it would be nice if it's history was associated with it (not starting a whole new record)
4)put the Add New Asset button out on the main window, not in under another asset
5) move the scan server status to the actions column, not under asset information