cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
After upgrading to 4.0 I am having trouble with the Lansweeper Server Service. I tested the beta version on a seperate server with no problems until the latest 4.0 beta. The http://betalansweeper:9524/ page fails to load after about 20 minutes of running. At first I thought it was something with the test server. However, after the 4.0 final release I updated the production server of Lansweeper, shutdown the beta server. The same thing happens on this server. When I look at the service it shows that it is started, but when I click on Service Status on the main page of the Web Console, page can not be displayed appears. I also have Active Scanning enabled and I use the LSclient, as I have been. The only way to correct the problem is to restart the service. This is what my error log says...

12 REPLIES 12
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
if the installer is hanging there should be an install log in %temp% folder, can you verify?
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
Well I rant the new Setup.exe and selected service and database. Installer hung on Running Rostinstall tasks... Sharing Actions forlder... for over 30 minutes. Decided to kill the task. Everything seemed to work, however nothing was added to the install log. So I decided to backup the database and start from scratch. Had setup remove existing lansweeper. Ran setup.exe again. This time I got as far as before... Running postinstall tasks. The setup just hangs there. I attached install log. Is it safe to kill setup.tmp and setup.exe?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please check http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postsm16600_Service-verson-4-0-0-20-released.aspx for an updated service.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is most likely a bug that needs fixing:
LSclient decrypt The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request

We'll try to reproduce it
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
The only thing that jumps out is the 7:43 entry. I have more battery entries right up to 4/23/2010 8:54 but did not want to paste them.

4/22/2010 7:31:02 AM: OCP051005 BATTERY Invalid parameter
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementPath.SetWbemPath(IWbemPath wbemPath, String path)
at System.Management.ManagementPath.CreateWbemPath(String path)
at System.Management.ManagementPath..ctor(String path)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.GetManagementObject(IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded wbemObject, ManagementScope scope)
at System.Management.ManagementBaseObject.GetBaseObject(IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded wbemObject, ManagementScope scope)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.get_Current()
at LansweeperService.MdlWmi.GetWMI(String Querystr, String Table, LS_Computer& mycomputer, String section, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
4/22/2010 7:43:09 AM: LSclient decrypt The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
at System.Net.HttpRequestStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at LansweeperService.Listen.CopyStreamContents(Stream objInput, Stream objOutput)
at LansweeperService.Listen.DecodeLSclient(LS_Computer& mycomputer, HttpListenerRequest request)
4/22/2010 7:43:09 AM: Cannot write to a closed TextWriter.
at System.IO.__Error.WriterClosed()
at System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush(Boolean flushStream, Boolean flushEncoder)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.Write(Char[] buffer, Int32 index, Int32 count)
at System.IO.TextWriter.WriteLine(String value)
at LansweeperService.Listen.DoListen()
4/22/2010 7:47:28 AM: OCP051091 BATTERY Invalid parameter
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementPath.SetWbemPath(IWbemPath wbemPath, String path)
at System.Management.ManagementPath.CreateWbemPath(String path)
at System.Management.ManagementPath..ctor(String path)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.GetManagementObject(IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded wbemObject, ManagementScope scope)
at System.Management.ManagementBaseObject.GetBaseObject(IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded wbemObject, ManagementScope scope)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.get_Current()
at LansweeperService.MdlWmi.GetWMI(String Querystr, String Table, LS_Computer& mycomputer, Strin

NOTE: When I run the netstat command I do see what appears to be the Active Scan connecting to all the PC's. I can catch it every now and then.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you have any new errors in the errorlog.txt file.
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
Well I thought dropping the number of PCs scanned fixed the issue. After several hours of running, I still get the page can not be displayed when going to: http://lansweeper:9524/

But the Lansweeper Server is still showing a status of Started. Is there another way to verify if it is actualy running? On the web console main page it shows Polled at todays date and recent time, but I'm not sure if that is from the LSclient or an Active Scan, seeing that I use both.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you remember if you had the same error in the beta?
mrdaytrade
Engaged Sweeper III
Ok, I restarted the service again. I also dropped the computer threads from 40 down to 30. So far so good.