→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zachdunn
Engaged Sweeper

Hi All, 

It's possible I'm trying to cater for an odd problem but if it's possible can you steer me in the right direction.
I understand the ticket dispatching works in descending order.
Essentially the problem is when a customer emails both Maintenance and IT or Library and BYOD in the one email i,e the (To) field, The ticket dispatcher gets confused and creates two tickets for which ever rule is set up last/lower in the list.
I have tried messing around with (stop processing), but it just inverts the problem.
I'll add some photos to help describe the problem.

5 REPLIES 5
rader
Champion Sweeper III

I see the issue and was able to reproduce it in my system. I'm not sure it's a bug though. Just seems to be the way the processing rules work. Two emails sent to two different email address that are enabled on the incoming email list, two tickets created.

I wasn't able to figure out a workaround either. Maybe a ruler on the knuckles of the sender ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Anyone at Lansweeper able to shed some light on how Zach can get around this issue?

Best of luck.

rader
Champion Sweeper III

Not an expert with the ticket dispatching rules, but I do have some that work for me.

Based on what I see in your screenshots it looks like both the Library Tickets and the BYOD Tickets have the same email from address. I suspect that's where the duplication is coming from.

I would change the rule conditions from 'To E-mail Equal libraryrequests...' to 'Subject Like Library Tickets' and create another rule for 'Subject Like BYOD Tickets' and see how those apply to incoming emails.

Helpdesk E-mail Settings _ Configuration — Mozilla Firefox.png

zachdunn
Engaged Sweeper

Hi Radar,

They are using different email address's, This only happens when some one emails both in the To Field.
I have attached another screen shot which should shed some more light.
This seems like a bug to me.

Kind Regards Zach

zachdunn
Engaged Sweeper

Hi Radar, 

Thankyou for looking into this for me, please find the dispatching rule attached.
All of our separate teams etc have the same setting essentially with just the prefix of the email address being different 

Kind Regards Zach

rader
Champion Sweeper III

Could you show the ticket dispatching rules for this event? This would help troubleshoot the issue.