Please make a priority list like this:

1) Event viewer summary
2) Report and alert E-mailing
3) Helpdesk
4) ...
313 REPLIES 313
oiverson
Engaged Sweeper
1.) Wildcards in custom scanned paths (probably with a warning about how taxing the process is and to use with discretion)

e.g. - i'd like to be able to see the files in %userprofile%\local\microsoft\outlook\*.*
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
oiverson wrote:
Wildcards in custom scanned paths (probably with a warning about how taxing the process is and to use with discretion)

GreenCup wrote:
Ability to share custom tabs and widgets in order to present a particular dataset, one created and managed by an administrator, to other IT support colleague's.

xrsupport wrote:
I would like to see the ability to import custom mibs from devices. Also making lansweeper able to accept pushed trap data from snmp devices.

MustQ wrote:
The single largest thing that has prevented our company from purchasing lansweeper is the current inability to track Monitors as an individual asset.

The features above are on our customer wish list, but we do not yet have a release date for them.

xrsupport wrote:
support for snmp v3

This will be included in Lansweeper 5.1.

GreenCup wrote:
I ended up creating an external web page and putting it in an iFrame widget in order provide a customized menu with links to custom reports that break down assets based on site locations.

Which location field did you use? There are built-in IP location and custom group widgets. You can also create lists of report links using the Bookmarks widget.

GreenCup
Engaged Sweeper II
1) Ability to create Nested Asset Groups and/or Sites that can contain asset groups.
ie SiteA - containing the asset groups; SiteA Switches, SiteA Computers, SiteA Printers etc etc. It would also be helpful to be able to delegate administrative roles at this Site level within lansweeper or at least restrict access by Site.

2)Automatic Asset group assignment based on Active Directory OU values.

I haven't been working with Lansweeper very long now but have been unable to find information on configuring either of the above. Please inform if these can already be done.

Thanks!
D
GreenCup
Engaged Sweeper II
Wanted to add a few things to this that I have run into since attempting to configure Lansweeper to suite my companies needs.

1) Ability to customize the widgets shown on the main page so the page can contain custom focused data based on customer needs, and have this data presented to anyone who logs into lansweeper.

2) Ability to share custom tabs and widgets in order to present a particular dataset, one created and managed by an administrator, to other IT support colleague's.

3) See attachment: I ended up creating an external web page and putting it in an iFrame widget in order provide a customized menu with links to custom reports that break down assets based on site locations. Perhaps a widget type that would support a better way of centralizing links to custom reports to present to IT support personnel. Though before this will help, number one or two above will need to be available.

Our ultimate goal with lansweeper is to be able to present particular data sets to our IT support team globally, based on our different sites, so that site specific personnel do not need to edit their views or build their own reports in order to see the data they need. We would rather restrict them from having this

Thanks Again!!

GreenCup wrote:
1) Ability to create Nested Asset Groups and/or Sites that can contain asset groups.
ie SiteA - containing the asset groups; SiteA Switches, SiteA Computers, SiteA Printers etc etc. It would also be helpful to be able to delegate administrative roles at this Site level within lansweeper or at least restrict access by Site.

2)Automatic Asset group assignment based on Active Directory OU values.

I haven't been working with Lansweeper very long now but have been unable to find information on configuring either of the above. Please inform if these can already be done.

Thanks!
D

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
GreenCup wrote:
- Ability to create Nested Asset Groups and/or Sites that can contain asset groups.
- It would also be helpful to be able to delegate administrative roles at this Site level within lansweeper or at least restrict access by Site.
- Automatic Asset group assignment based on Active Directory OU values.

We have added these feature requests to our customer wish list.

GreenCup wrote:
SiteA - containing the asset groups; SiteA Switches, SiteA Computers, SiteA Printers etc etc.

Switch, computer, printer etc are asset types. It would be better to just create a single group and filter the asset type as needed, instead of creating a separate group for each type.
cojast
Engaged Sweeper III
Cant wait to see the Helpdesk feature... I was curious if a Parts inventory would be included in the Helpdesk... If not i would like to suggest adding a parts inventory to Lansweeper... i believe adding that feature along with a helpdesk feature and already having asset and network inventory scanning would make this program one of the top if not the best overall product.

Right now my company uses 3 different programs to do all this and it would be awesome to combine them all into one program suite.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
@Bullgates: I think this can be accomplished if we have an integrated helpdesk where you can follow up tickets.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love to have "malfunctions" reporting and tracking for the assets. I've implemented with some limitations some of this myself. But I would prefer to have this in Lansweeper:
- ask for support request (as an action, having the possibility to track and maintain the status of the request)
- the support request could send an SMTP email, based on a template according to the manufacturer and some editable rules (for instance I use text like "Lexmark - support team" and if "support team" text exists it will send the support request to the "support team" email addresses.

I have an html template with some special fields where I put data to be replaced (model, hostname, serial number, etc), and a custom action will send this information, just asking for the malfunction description.

This is working great but I don't want to maintain my own features as they seem to stop working after every release upgrades, I have to rework all of my code and local queries used for this.
hpitman
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper 5 is amazing. I haven't used lansweeper for a couple years. Glad to hear a helpdesk piece is coming. It seems lansweeper is very close to being a full network management system.

Since it can now determine what switch ports devices are plugged into, I'd like to see a layer 2 map capability.
I'd also like to see it able to receive snmp traps and send notifications based on those traps and have the ability to add mibs for devices lansweeper doesn't know about.
With these features and helpdesk, I'd be willing to pay to use lansweeper.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
hpitman wrote:

I'd also like to see it able to receive snmp traps and send notifications based on those traps and have the ability to add mibs for devices lansweeper doesn't know about.

About the mibs: do you want to store all information from the device in the lansweeper database or how do you think this should work?