General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! unable to scan Apple MacBookAir with USB-NIC

Hi there,i have a problem with Macbook Air and the non existant Ethernet-NIC.Lansweeper detects the Macbook as Network-devices and only scans/displays generic information on the device.Is there a Fix/Workaround for MacbookAir and similar devices that...

Fes by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! E-Mail alerts schedule

Hello Everyone,I have a problem with the E-Mail alerts. I want the E-mail report for examble "New computer founds in the last 7 days" every Day at midnight. But the Lannsweeper reports me every 30 min. The report mailing schedule setting is every day...

Helios by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Deployment Not Working

I think deployment may be broken on my lansweeper server.I haven't really used it for a while but I turned off a schedule back in February for a software deployment and now I am trying to create a new one. When I click deploy from the asset page, or ...

mfry1379 by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Assett Power detection

I have a mix of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 computers and noticed that on the summary page towards the bottom it shows you what state the device was in on a given hour - out of office hours the windows 7 computers show as blue/poweroff but the Windows ...

Puggy by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Lansweeper

Hello together,i´m working with Lansweeper for a short time and i need to know, how can i configure a software scan filter or how to exclude software from scanning?Sorry for my bad english.Best regards from Germany.Blazerman

Blazerman by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Deployment - Registry

Hello,i want to deploy the following registry key:reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{57CD46CD-F140-4a70-B2BD-534F8A46FC0D} /v InstallLocation /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\PCS\PcsReg" /fThe log on the asset says ...

Stefan_B_ by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Working With API's and Tickets - Simple Example Setup

Hi Guys,I've been working with the new Beta ticketing system within lansweeper and now I'm trying to create some form of webpage interface for our users to submit tickets to ourselves in the IT department.I've got a decent understanding of HTML and C...

dtcullum by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Add custom fields to "Report" tab

In my company we use the Custom fields to store information about server functions. For example, File server, Domain Controller, ERP Server. We define that info on "Funções" field.The information appears on "Summary", but when we generate the Report ...

rafaelsds by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos