General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Recommended specification for server

Hello Lansweeper,I currently have Lansweeper installed on a Win7 PC that also hosts SQL Express 2012.I am looking at moving it to a server and the database on to our SQL cluster.I'm looking for some "recommended server specifications" for optimum per...

stuart153 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Shrink Lansweeper DB Tables

We have been running lansweeper for a number of years and noticed the tblNtlogMessage table is pushing 17GB. We don't use much in the way of historical reporting, so I'm wondering if we can just truncate this table and let it start over?

Resolved! Changing asset types

Hi folks,I have a Windows 7 workstation that is currently functioning as a server for some minor things, but I want that to reflect in LanSweeper. Right now, the asset type is Windows - and it's locked.Is there a way to change that, so I can set it ...

TurboGFF by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Report Writing assistance- list a specific "lnk" file

Is there a way to setup a scan in Lansweeper for a Specific File on the dekstop (an LNK file)?We have a particular Java based software does not show up in the "Add/remove programs" list so Lansweeper does not show it as "installed". It installs itse...

Resolved! Last IP Scan Times Not Matching Scan Triggered

I'm confused as to how this is supposed to work. We have an IP Scan that runs every night at midnight. However, this morning we are noticing that some assets were not updated at midnight. Looking at the scan times, I see this for a sample asset:Last ...

laurin1 by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can you have scans not hit VOIP devices?

Hello!I'm wondering if there's a way to have Lansweeper not scan VOIP devices. We have quite a few VOIP phones and they're all on the same DHCP scope as our computers are so they get hit by the IP range scan. Is there any way to have it not add them ...

Walktimus by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Fixed IP addresses

Can Lansweeper audit for machines that have a fixed IP address rather than our normal configuration which is DHCP obtained.Can it also check for RDP changes (remote access)

archercj by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Rename Computers, keep history

Hi,i want to rename computers and to keep their history. I read Hostname Change/Duplicate MAC address and now know that i have to rename the computers name first in Lansweeper. More work than i want to do since in Asset ID is mentioned that there wil...

EZAG by Engaged Sweeper
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos