General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Add another state?

We have users that work from home now, but we would like to keep track of the equipment still. Is there a way we can add a custom state to the asset? For example, "Off campus", which LS would then keep the device as "active" even beyond our 30 day ...

RTI_IT by Champion Sweeper
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Missing fqdn in assets

hello support-Team,our company has a subsidiary at location sofia and the scanned assets from this location don't have a fqdn-entry in the asset page.for notice: there is no domaincontroller/domain at this location. it's only a Workgroupwhy are the f...

group-it by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Exporting a report that produces a large amount of data

I'm running a software audit report that is producing 550,000 lines.If I try exporting this to Excel I get the 64k limit error and it won't export (when will Excel 2010 be supported?)If I try exporting it to a CSV it will either give up the ghost or ...

archercj by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Multiple Domains on different subnets

I'm looking at purchasing the Standard Version of Lansweeper and have a question. I have two locations on two separate AD domains connected via VPN. Is it possible to scan both AD Domains even though they are on different subnets?ThanksRob

rgibson by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Installed application not listed in reports.

One of my purchasing people noticed today that Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 RC was not showing up when she searched for it on the home page. I tried it and it is a choice to pick from the drop down but the report returns 0 results. If ...

Technut27 by Champion Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Internet Explorer in Software Inventory

For some reason I can't see any IE version detected in Windows 7 (Pro & Ent), Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 machines.All is OK with Windows XP and Windows 2003 ones...I can't say everything else is correctly detected, but this one I've noticed now.Wh...

eac by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Computer is online but firewalled

I followed the guide that is found in the support section but this didn't help. The connection test shows everything is fine. The scenario is lansweeper cannot read some of the PC's outside of the office. Each PC (dell 7010) has the same image on the...

greyclear by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Host exclusions?

Hi,I am looking for a way to exclude a remote site from being scanned. I am using Active Scanning with a single Active Directory Domain.Is there a way to tell the Lansweeper server not to scan a group of computers? Maybe by OU or site?I know there is...

TimH by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos