General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

SNMP Asset dont work

Hello,I've been trying for some time an eXtreme switch as SNMP asset with in Lansweeper record.Unfortunately without success.The Device Tester works very well and I get the following result:Lansweeper DeviceTester 7.1.0.1Scanning Lansweeper Service (...

EDV_OHZ by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scanning IP Range Subnet

I want to set a Target Scan for specific subnet ex: 10.x.70.x are my printersIs there a way to scan the subnet 70 for all my network ? I dont want to scann 10.x.x.x totally because the scan never end this way.

hlynch by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wake on Lan wol.exe issue

I have been trying to figure out why the wake on lan does not work in with different subnets. Everything in my environment is setup correctly but the wake on lan in lansweeper would not work.After looking at the documentation on the wol.exe utility I...

slciec by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing DNS Servers via CMD or PowerShell

A PC at one of our locations is experiencing some issues that I believe to be related to a misconfiguration to the DNS settings. I can ping the PC. The PC can reach our VM's that we have on site here, but it can not open a webpage and I can not estab...

Vrogers by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access LS Knowledge base from outside network

Hi, I am implementing a Knowledge to our end users and I would like to have them access it from outside network without VPN.For ex. A user is working from home and his computer went down or lost VPN connection. He has home computer or using his mobil...

ahagobian by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Guide: Migrate from Spiceworks to Lansweeper

We recently made the jump from Spiceworks to Lansweeper. I thought the migration would be easy, but it ended up taking me 3 days. So I wrote this guide for anyone else who seeks to make that journey. Should take you less than 3 days. Overview:Backup ...

Failed Logins

A couple of weeks ago, it seems like we had a hacking attempt. We changed all passwords and set a group policy for locking user accounts after x attempts.Unfortunately we had an admin account keep getting locked which killed services that used that ...

Microsoft Windows Servers and UNIX licensing

In your tool, I don’t see any interest for the License management feature.Because of Today strategy from Vendors are more oriented on Licencing their product by Number of CPU sockets or Number of Cores (physical or threads) or a combination of both.i...