General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Cant create new knowledgebase articles?

HiSuddenly, i cant create new knowledgebase articles. Our helpdesk trial recently ran out, is it related to creating new knowledgebase articles? Instead of the "new article" button on the knowledgebase page, there is now "New Ticket"..My user is an A...

a_seiler by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Permission Problem

The view assets role has the option to "rescan computers" unchecked, however users with the view assets role still can rescan and also ping assets. How does one stop users with only view assets rights from being able to rescan computers.-Tony

tcilmo by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Employee ticket type

I have created custom fields with de new employee ticket. A few fields i set to agents only as for AD account already present etc. What i would like is that the requesting user only fills in the neccessary details as Office location, depart, first n...

pvanlien by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Lansweeper Chrome Plugin not functioning

Lansweeper 6019 and Chrome 49.2623. I have confirmed the plugin has been installed in Chrome. However when I click on an asset function nothing happens? OS is Windows 10 with standard user permissions. My original suspicion was Software Restriction P...

ammayer by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Link redirection

If I send someone a link to a report and the user opens the link, the user is prompted to login, but the link takes the user to the default page and is not redirected to the intended report. Please advise.

Resolved! 6.0.3 Beta Helpdesk Not sending email responses

Started working with the helpdesk in 6.0.3 (Love it so far) but I am running into issues somewhere with the email setup.I have the email account setup in the settings (A tester gmail account). The email account status shows green check marks under bo...

jjoelc by Engaged Sweeper
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deployment Update existing Software

I'm basically looking for the functionality of Ninite but with Lansweeper deployment. I can deploy packages fine but when I want to update an already existing package I cannot just simply update. I would have to create another deployment that unins...

J-M by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Upgrading from 5.3.0.33 to 6.0.0.19

I have the same issues as this one but with more complaints.http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst12677_Upgrade-from-5-3-0-33-to-6-0-0-19.aspx#post45627 .I'm glad that I backed up my database before I upgrade because it was terrible to see my gro...

akcsie by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos