General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wildcard Searches?

Hi!I was wondering if there was a wild card variable that would allow me to search for assets using our existing naming scheme. Currently we name computers like this: ASSETNUMBER-PLANT#DEPARTMENT (Example: 1423-P1ENG)So If I wanted to do mass chang...

RTI_IT by Champion Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Deployment of Software Packages

When deploying software to some computers it fails & I get an error in the Deployment Log that says, "WMI Error While Connecting: Invalid query". The same deployment package works fine on other computers.

ereichelt by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! My PC deactivate after few months...

Here i got a problem, I belong to a big company, we are a division independent, we have domain belonging to a big tree in the AD (child domain), once we enter a PC in lansweeper the pc goes to on other section that is not in ours DNS and lansweeper d...

Resolved! Java Uninstaller

First off, pardon me if this is posted in the wrong area. Our team has had LanSweeper for about a week total now. We finally received the go ahead from the higher ups to remove Java from every machine in our environment. As you can imagine, we are...

Resolved! Chaining Installers

Hi All,I am building a deployment package for a software our company uses "Colligo", Part of the install process for this software includes a number of prerequisite checks or installs (dotNet4.0, Visual C++1020, etc). We currently use a batch file to...

Razor by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Tracking Warranty Cost

In the Licenses section, I see that I can enter software license cost. Is there a place where I can enter the cost of hardware warranty renewals, so that I can keep track of upcoming costs? If there is not a place for it, has anyone found a workaro...

Okan by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Network Traffic for Lansweeper

Hey everyone,What does the network traffic look like for lansweeper. It is intensive or the opposite? Reason I'm asking is, I'm trying to decide on scanning 1-2 times per day, or multiple times per day so when a computer is online (green icon), its ...

jbilliau by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos