General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Project Std 2010 Reg Key Location?

I know others have noticed it, but in my searching I didn't find the answer for this specific question. Here is the problem. If one version of office is installed, or a program like Project Std 2010 is installed, and then uninstalled, lansweeper stil...

Resolved! Scan credentials password cutoff with apostrophe

One of my scanning credentials passwords uses an apostrophe in it and when saved it cuts off the apostrophe and everything after it. I searched the forum and found an old entry concerning the apostrophe turning into &#39. So, I pasted that in the p...

BSONO by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Deployment shows failed but succeded

We are doing an application upgrade that runs an InstallShield silent install. The package runs to completion and seems to work okay but the log shows that the deployment failed. The setup.log file shows a result code of zero and that is one of the...

ehobbs by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! database migration from one SQL server to another

We're moving the database off our aging MSSQL 2005 server onto a brand new piping hot MSSQL 2012 instance. I've been able to backup and restore the database without issue, and when I create a test DSN using the credentials in the config files, everyt...

Resolved! Edit Monitor Information?

I scanned the forums and did not see an answer for this. I know I can add custom feilds and edit a computer information but is it possible to edit the monitor information as well? I would like to tweak just one field of the monitor information that l...

Neil43 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Lansweper service restarting?

We have been testing Lansweeper Premium for a month or so now and just bought a subscription.What we have seen in the past few days since increasing the thread scans is what appears to be random restarts of either the Lansweeper service or the websit...

ukaussi by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! More "Scan Incomplete" errors

Hello,I´m getting more "scan incomplete" errors from our PDA devices, resulting in not refreshing the "last seen" date. Nothing has changed on these devices: Scan Incomplete New scan found 1 MAC addresses, the existing record has 2. Check your SNMP ...

Alulux by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos