General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Help Improve the Report section User Experience

Would you help us build a better Reports section for everyone? Until Thursday 17th, we are conducting a card sorting activity with users to help us determine the most optimal categorization for our report catalog on the IT Asset Data Platform. That w...

ricardo1 by Lansweeper Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hyper-v guest incorrect typed as Windows

hiI'm trying out Lansweeper on our network, and getting inconsistent results.A number of our hyper-v guests are correct marked at Asset type - Hyper-V guests.However others which are also hyper-v running the same OS are marked as Asset type - Windows...

Authenticate from CLI

I need to generate PDF copies of the reports generated on the report tab of an asset. By finding the AssetIDs of a 50 assets, I can manually create a list of urls similar to "https://lansweeper.mydomain.com:82/reportdet.aspx?AssetID=9916&print=1". I ...

Software deployment initiated by user

Hi there,many of our users contact us for installing or upgrading their software, e.g. JRE or Acrobat Reader.Is there a way a user can initiate this deployment on his own? Something like:- user logs in to the webconsole- user gets an overview of ava...

MrCount by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Asset Map Locations Overlapping

Is there a place I can either have these assets placed on a map auto adjust so they don't overlap and cut off the other assets or how can I go about doing this?

jah88 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange asset naming for printers

On some of our Asset names for printers, it did not put the host name but instead put the model and ip address together. I cant seem to get it to change to the host name. I have provided an example below. I have also posted the DeviceTester.exe re...

jah88 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

All Server 2016 machines show as not current

I am not sure what changed, but they are all the same version (see attached pic)Any ideas as to why the report is not working right? I know it suppose to look at all servers and compare the build numbers and output those that are below the newest one...

Mikey_ by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bulk Rename Asset Name keeping begin of the name

Hello our Lansweeper reportet a lot of DNS redirected .. Errorfor example DNS redirected to WS202277 but expected computer ws202277.puknet.local ws202277.puknet.local (ws202277.net.local) \root\cimv2is ist possible to bulk rename all asset with .net....

Gilles by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos