General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Driver vendor

Hi,is it possible to get report on Driver Vendor for specific device ?In my case I found that to use WOL the device must use Intel network driver and NOT Microsoft network driverSo I would like to scan for all devices that have Microsoft drivers for ...

miharix by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Introducing UX team

We are a multidisciplinary team in charge of developing the user experience of the new IT Asset Data Platform (ITADP). In our daily work, we face the challenge of defining what the Lansweeper experience should be on a new cloud scenario with differen...

ricardo1 by Lansweeper Employee
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

lansweeperuser sql database permissions

The default local sql account created during lansweeper installation "lansweeperuser" is assigned DBowner permissions of the lansweeper database.Is the DBowner permissions still required after the installation? Can we reduce the sql permission on th...

davidk by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software not showing install date

Hi,Since the new update of lansweeper (7.2.108.6) there is no install date shown on some softwares in the software list.In Windows Firefox shows an install date, in lansweeper not (see image).Does someone know a workaround or a fix for this?Regards,d...

duagon by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! LSAgent Rescan Asset

The Rescan Asset task on the asset page is used quite a bit by IT staff to pick up changes they just made to the asset. I'm looking for ways to tighten up security and it has been noted that if LSAgent is used, administrative credentials are no long...

marck1024 by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allowing a role to create asset groups

I want to allow some lansweeper users to create new asset groups, either static or dynamic. Basically, just access to the /configuration/AssetGroups/ page. Currently, this seems to require, or is grouped into the overall "Access Configuration" permis...

mh6543 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Export LsAgent Assets

Is there a way to export the LsAgent assets? On almost every other asset page/report, you can export to excel, csv, etc., but on the LsAgent Assets page, this is not an option. Am I overlooking it?

wjgardner by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Scanning for Static Routes?

Static routes on servers, really handy as a quick fix or a workaround for network config limitations. Also 100% guaranteed to come back and bite you in 6 months when you've forgotten they exist and someone's made a change to a firewall or router.Is t...

ChrisParr by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos