General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Automatically Close tickets

Is there a way to close tickets automatically after a certain amount of time. I want to set a ticket state and if nothing happens to that ticket with 2 or 3 days it closes automatically. If not it would be a good feature for the future.

Zacs by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can Lansweeper grab network hardware configs?

I've been using Spiceworks for ages and I like the ability for it to grab configs from Cisco devices, and tell me what port a device is connected to on managed switches. Does Lansweeper have this functionality?

mgiljum by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Registrykey to custom field

Hello,i scan a custom registry key to see the TeamViewer ID.That works great.But can i add the regkey to a custom field, to see it in the asset page?And can i use the regkey or the custom field for a custom Action?Thanks for your help.André

Schnepel by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

asset disappear after IP Scan

After an IP Scan, I lost assets . They are just gone (2 of 189 so far I realized).Actually there is no option set in assset cleanup.I'm using the newest version of lansweeper.

tbode1 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost all Open/Closed Tickets after Power Outage

Hello, I ran into some power outages this past weekend. After getting everything back up. I noticed all of my open and completed tickets are no longer in the system. Is there any way to check the database or recover this information?Much appreciat...

jpacheco by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

For a big infrastructure

Imagine you have a big ICT infrastructure, deployed into different geographically separated sites and you want for each site, site administrators use Lansweeper without having the possibility to look at other sites data.Imagine then there is a corpor...

paprita by Champion Sweeper
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Tracking toner replacements (lastchanged)

We are beginning to try and track toner replacements with Lansweeper.1. How can I get local printers to show up under assets\printers? Only network printers show up.2. When I run a report on printers that need toner replacements, it shows the fiel...

sryan by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Getting started popup

Every day that I go to the Helpdesk in Lansweeper I get this popup.It states: Getting started' and asks for my email adres.I know this can be useful, but I would like to be able to disable the popup.Is there any way that this can already be done? Per...

Bru by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos