General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Custom URL for Web Console?

I know how to add a host header to a website within IIS, but I am wondering if there is anything special I need to do within Lansweeper to make the Web Console have a more friendly URL instead of the standard http://SERVERNAME:Port

Resolved! Asset-User relations without AD

Hi,I want to have option to assign assets (Owned by, Used by, etc.) to the non-AD users. Let's say I give Laptop for the external consultant and want to keep track of this.Is it possible? At the moment the system open a dialog asking to select a spec...

dmitry by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Not picking up Macs in report

The software license compliance view doesn't appear to pick up any of our Macs.We use a lot of Microsoft office365 products and it's not been picked up. They are mostly installed on our Mac machines.I've enabled SSH on each of the Macs and added the...

lbutler by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplicate Asset name / Machine name Detection

Is there's a way for Lansweeper 5305 to determine if an assetname or machine name is already in the database? Because we are now facing some issues having duplicate assetnames (not MAC add). Scenario: If I will add new asset to Lansweeper, it will no...

dmangubat by Engaged Sweeper
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Are there plans to update the Google Chrome extension?

Since Google Chrome has disabled support for NPAPI extensions and will completely remove the functionality in the next few months, is there anything in the works to update the current Chrome plugin? I guess I could use IE, but I'd rather keep using C...

jprateragg by Champion Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Installer Help

HiI am trying to create an installer package that copies a vbs script to c:\ and then a shortcut to the vbs script to C:\Users\Public\Desktop but I get the following error:The first part copies but it fails on step 2,Result: Deployment ended: Incorre...

SimonH by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Report - filter online assets

On the report page you can use the option "ping assets", I wondering if is posible to filter them with only the online assets.This could be handly for specific deployments.Thanks

Resolved! lsremote.exe resets windows profile on target computer

I recently had to use lsremote.exe to control a Windows 7 pc and found that the windows profile was automatically changed. It was only after clicking on a small icon on the task bar that I discovered that it was lsremote that had changed the profile,...

mlesniak by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos