General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Install error: LocalDB Service install failed

Something got goofed up when trying to run the upgrade installer. Now I cannot see any database on my system. When I run it as a new install, it returns the error "Lansweeper LocalDB Service install failed. ErrorId: -1".It doesn't write anything to t...

bgilbert by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LS Dashboard Reports Broken

Hello!Today, I logged into our Lansweeper web console to find most of the dashboard items are broken with the error "This is a marker file generated by the precompilation tool, and should not be deleted!". I've tried reinstalling the just the websit...

Resolved! Adobe Reader DC deployment woes

Hi,I'm trying to deploy the newest Adobe Reader DC update (20.00x.xxxx). The .msp file was downloaded from the Adobe ftp site.I created a new deployment package that contains one action: install the msp file, then exit. When I start a deployment it f...

JBerner2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scan for Windows Tasks with LsAgent or WMI?

I know this has been asked before but it's been a few years.Is there any way for LanSweeper to scan to see what tasks (or for a particular task) is on a Windows 10 workstation?I know a WMI request will work as PDQ Inventory can do it with a WMI reque...

Software License Compliance Downgrade Rights

Looking to see if there is a away to account for downgrade rights within the LanSweeper software compliance report. For example, via Microsoft Volume Licensing if we have purchased 100 Office Standard 2016 licenses we could installed 50 at Office 201...

dwclarknu by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos