General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Suggestions for SonicWall Setup

I have SNMP setup on my SonicWalls and confirmed I can read the info using the Devicetester utility. However, LANSweeper is not picking up much information. It either reads them as a webserver or Linux device. Anyone have any tips or suggestions t...

brodiemac by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spare Hard Drives

I have a stock of unused hard drives we keep on hand in case of failure that I would like to keep track of in LANSweeper. Is anyone else doing this and how are you doing it? I'm looking for some tips on the best way to go about this. I already hav...

brodiemac by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Events via Meeting Request

Hello,Is there a way to have Lansweeper add an event to the calendar when an email request is sent out? I am trying to find away that would allow me to update the calendar with an event for a particular day when I send an email out to users for plann...

Same Name and Domain

Hello,We are in a situation that we have multiple servers that are named the same.so for example:dc01.xx.local (Domain name pre windows 2000 = xx)dc01.ad.something.local (Domainname pre windows 2000 = xx)as you can see both the servername and the pre...

hdejongh by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logs of User activity

Is there any way to look at (or are there any) logs of the activity of users (Administrators, etc.) in Lansweeper?Specifically, looking to see who might have entered some scanning credentials, but would be handy for other items such as anyone deletin...

TekTok by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VLC Vulnerability Fix Installer ?

Hi Everyone, Did anyone happen to create a installer to fix the latest security issue with in VLC player. I have about 200 machines that are vulnerable. I tried creating a basic installer , but it failed to work.