General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Not Scan Hyper-V Info

We have an asset that is a Hyper-V Replica server. This stores copies of virtual machines that are in production on other hosts. On the asset pages for the virtual machines, the replica server is list as the Hyper-V host, which causes confusion. I...

sandve by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! WMI user for monitoring

Hi i am just curious whether it is possible to use dcomcnfg and wmimgmt to configure a remote non admin wmi user to actively monitor devices. In the documentation it does state a local admin account in which works fine although i was interested if ot...

DPS_IT by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! api / automation support

Hey everyone,I'm looking to see what's available in LS in terms of api/automation. I'm working with vcac/vco and am wanting to do somethign like the following:A user creates a vm, chooses options such as description, type, etc. When the machine is bu...

chrishps by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how are "Recent software Changes" detected

helloi use "Recent software Changes" (http://%lansweeperserver%/report.aspx?det=changes&page=software) a lotand i am wondering how "Recent software Changes" are detected, i guess its a registry comparethe reason i am asking is i have a software which...

svap by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! OUs for Apple Computers?

We're currently attempting to set up LS to serve as our lifecycle management tool for our institutional computers.We're using the OU to identify which department "owns" each computer.Unfortunately, this is a problem for the Apple computers on our net...

Resolved! Reinstall or New Install

I've installed Lansweeper on a Server 2008 R2 computer as a non-secure (HTTP) application. Can I reinstall it using HTTPS without losing my data or is a new installation required?