General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Printer Information not consistantly coming over

About 1/3 of our printers do not report manufacturer, model, pages, etc. Lansweeper recognizes them as printers and reports them as an IP but that is all. the other 2/3 of the printers report fine. What does lansweeper need to be able to properly ...

steveg by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off topic: Internet access "Time Bomb"

Good day IT Staffers! I'm interested in finding a piece of software that would allow me to give a user access to our gateway so they can access the internet for a specified period of time.Example: User asks me for internet access to research somethin...

jnelson by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How are you tracking Server Physical Disks?

I'm tossing around the idea of utilizing the relational asset mapping to create a new asset type of Physical Disk to notate server physical disks.Does anyone else use Lansweeper to keep track their servers' physical disks?

brianraley by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Virtual Assets connection to switch incorrectly reported

A new switch was installed two weeks ago. Lansweeper accurately detected the switch. Upon reviewing the data for documentation purposes it was discovered that some the machines are incorrectly reported. These machines are always virtual. In the pictu...

WING987 by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! repair wmi

The repair wmi tool doesnt work.I ran it on a computer remotely and it halted at "exmgmt.mof" not found.uhh....i think that is for 32bit machines? It certainly isn't found on any of my win7 64-bit machines.please fix this...Thanks,(I ran repairwmi.c...

EB by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remotely installing software?

Hello,Just checking in to see if you guys have the ability or plans to allow us to remotely install software? I.E. Let us go in, upload some software to lansweeper with any optional flags, and based on group have it auto install software based on tha...

doodguy by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! lspush - which information are collected

Hi,could someone discribe which information are collected by execute the lspush on remote Server, please? I'm not able to read the generated *.ls.txt file.thx,Jan

JG by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos