General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

List or Report of Locally attached printers

Is there a way to report on or list all peripherals that are attached via USB to PCs?I can do that for monitors because they are handled as discreet devices and connected to PCs through relations.For that matter, why is a monitor considered a discree...

MrBob by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote Control lsremote version 6.0.0.17 not working

Dear all,i am using the lsremote.exe for remote in to my users computer previously without any issue. Recently, this remote tool had stopped working When i key the computer name or IP and click "Connect" , it hit an error "Can't start local process" ...

hweikong by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Changing Agent Info

So, I had a tech retire. I attempted to move the tickets he had all over to another tech. In the process, all of the current techs tickets got reassigned to the guy who retired. Now I have tickets that come in for the current tech being given the ret...

Resolved! How to view workstation whether in power on or off states

Is it possible to add system power states in Dynamic Group? In order to know whether the system is at power on or off states, you have to click every single system to view it. Example if there is 50 machines in this group and you have to do it 50 tim...

Alan_LS by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

anonymous access for users

hi, how can I set anonymous access to access Help desk, for creating tickets? later in ticket user will write email and name, I just would like to avoid login in webpage.bye

dr_sah by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

When is RemoteDeployment_x64.exe installed/updated?

Is the LSDeployment folder and RemoteDeployment executable installed the first time a deployment is made to a node? And is the executable updated to the latest version on future deployments?We are current with the latest version of Lansweeper, 6.0.1...

apap by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we integrate SCCM Remote Control Viewer?

We use Lansweeoer for most management tasks, but we are also using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to manage updates and software deployments. SCCM is certainly very comprehensive, but Lansweeper is just really more usable for those day-to...

jim_barr by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos