General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Manage Engine MDM Scanning Credentials

Hi All,First post here, I've tried searching but came up with nothing on this topic.We use Manage Engine MDM as our choice of MDM for our mobile devices. I was wondering if there was any way I can import all the phones into Lansweeper to catalogue th...

Display Custom Field in Summary

Under Asset Management, Asset Pages, Asset Custom Fields I have edited Fields Custom01 and Custom02 as combo boxes and populated selectable values for each.How do I display these Custom fields on the summary page for each asset as a quick reference?

rsellers by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Multiple scanning

I'm going to prepare 2 different servers where to install the lansweeper service (more than 20.000 items to scan).My questions:- if I configure both services to scan the whole AD (with no either sites or OU filters) what is going to happen?- all asse...

paprita by Champion Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Import to Lansweeper from Access DB

We have/had been manually keeping up an Access DB for all PC on the network. One key field in the DB is the PC's location. Putting in a Asset location seems to be a manual process per device.What I would like to know is there any documentation on how...

rsellers by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Security Lapses in LANsweeper

in Lansweeper dashboard, when u select user PC , on the Left side u see Open C$, which means u can enter users C drive and as well as any drive in user computer, this is such a huge security loophole that anyone who comes to know will never purchase ...

Resolved! Asset Custom fields on custom report

Hi,I created a custom report to gat an inventory for download in a excel file. I created the custom report without issue but I don't know how to change the Asset Custom fields in the report.Exemple:Custom01: POCustom02: PriceCustom03: SellerWe can se...

NicolasC by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Registry Scan - error

Trying to scan the following registry key, and getting an error : I have 2 Lansweeper installs, at 2 sites. I've entered the key the same way in both sites, with different results.Key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Win...

jmje by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Deployment Issues: OpenVPN Upgrade

Hello,Our team of engineers are administrators on their laptops so as to allow them to use the older version of OpenVPN (2.3.9) The latest version of OpenVPN (2.4) allows for users to connect (without the need for them to be admins to their machines...

mkhalil by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Monitor serial numbers

http://www.lansweeper.com/Forum/yaf_postst3955_Monitor-Info.aspx#post18743I have only just come across this issue - ignorance is bliss until caught out.I also note that the Philips serials with DL#/AU# also have omitted characters.E.g. Serial startin...

JeffreyN by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos