General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Active Desktop PCs - Dynamic Group

Hi,What's the best way to configure a dynamic group to list all the desktop PCs. I've created 1 for laptops which is fine. I've configured the following dynamic group for desktop PCs, but obviously it doesn't catch everthing. Am I doing it the right ...

syswiz88 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Acer Computers

All the Acer computers on my network show the Manufacturer as the manufacturer of the NIC card not "Acer", is there a fix for this or am I the only one getting this.If I change manufacturer to Acer and lock it, a lot of them change back to the NIC ma...

cducharme by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 2 switches but Lansweeper only sees one or the other

My customer has several BlackBox switches2 have the same first 4 hex numbers of 2 switches are the same. When Lansweeper scans using the IP address of the asset, it will add a switch. If I scan for the other switch IP address, instead of adding th...

MaryKitec by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Max Duration of Deployments

If I deploy to 200 machines with a 15min max duration, does each machine have its own 15mins from the time the script initiates on the target?ORdoes the whole process begin counting 15mins from the time I click Deploy Now.The reason I ask is that whi...

vinnichr by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat DC version detection

Curious if anyone has been able to determine which version of Acrobat DC is installed, ie Professional or Standard and either Continuous Track or Classic Track, using Lansweeper. License key is detected, but not the version of which is installed.htt...

GoHawks5 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forecast.io displays, but issues...

After seeing someone wanting the weather, I already was using a RSS feed from a difference source for weather, but forgot I could have an iframe to do it. When I set it up as http://forecast.io/embed/#lat=39.3256&lon=-85.4796&name=Greensburg&color=#...

dteague by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Surface Pro 3 & 4- ChassisType & PortableBattery

We've got ~130 Surface Pros and are finding some odd issues with how they're seen by Lansweeper.None report having battery to tblPortableBattery, tho they do report normal battery.Some, random at this point, do not report a chassis type. Others do ho...

esr by Champion Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos