General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Deployment Re-Trys when told not to.

I am using the LanSweeper deployment to install a click to run version of MS Office. It is working quite well, however every now and then a PC fails the install (mostly when I am mucking up the scripts), and when this happens, I find that sometimes w...

mfry1379 by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Software and Contract Licensing

Can Lansweeper be configured to email an account at set period before a software License expires?Is there a method to track non-software assets, such as Domain Names and network appliances?

blee by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! App push

I downloaded the Install – Internet Explorer 11 and have only been able to get it to work once. I made a few modifications (close IE step). I do have the install files located in the correct location on the Lansweeper PC\Server. I got it to work on ...

BrianM by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Internet Explorer detection in overview software

Hi,We removed the Internet Explorer 8 feature from a few Win2008 servers using dism /disable-feature featurename:Internet-Explorer-Optional-amd64.Lansweeper however keeps reporting that IE8 is still installed on the servers.How does the detection of ...

SKNIJN2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Asset Group overview not showing Quickbooks software

I need to keep track of the number of installs we have of Intuit Quickbooks so I added a dynamic group to the asset group overview. For some reason no matter what I do it just shows 0 installs, I set the filters as follows:State=ActiveSoftware Instal...

briancs by Engaged Sweeper
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! unable to scan Apple MacBookAir with USB-NIC

Hi there,i have a problem with Macbook Air and the non existant Ethernet-NIC.Lansweeper detects the Macbook as Network-devices and only scans/displays generic information on the device.Is there a Fix/Workaround for MacbookAir and similar devices that...

Fes by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! E-Mail alerts schedule

Hello Everyone,I have a problem with the E-Mail alerts. I want the E-mail report for examble "New computer founds in the last 7 days" every Day at midnight. But the Lannsweeper reports me every 30 min. The report mailing schedule setting is every day...

Helios by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Deployment Not Working

I think deployment may be broken on my lansweeper server.I haven't really used it for a while but I turned off a schedule back in February for a software deployment and now I am trying to create a new one. When I click deploy from the asset page, or ...

mfry1379 by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos