General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Brother printers not showing in asset list

I've recently added 3 Brother printers to our network but for some readon they're not showing up in the printers page. I have 37 otrher printers in there of various types (Epson, HP etc) but the recently intalled Brother units are nowhere to be seen....

OllieM by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to merge 2 records

So we have a "smart TV" in a meeting room, which is also used as a monitor for a computer in that room.Lansweeper has picked up the TV via it's network address with a normal scan, but it's also created a different Monitor asset which it's got, presum...

AndyIps by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Aastra phones getting detected as "Web Server"

Good afternoon,I’m writing in this forum because i’m having a hard time making lansweeper detect my VOIP Aastra phones.So the problem is really simple, lansweeper detects the phones as « Web Server ». I’ve tried everything and can’t seem to find the ...

elaxrocha by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! asset description

For computer objects, in the AD there is a "Description" property. When I click on an asset there is a description, however it does not appear to be getting the value from the AD, is it therefore pulling it from the windows computer itself?I want to ...

AZHockeyNut by Champion Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Scanning and Registry Scanning on Lansweeper 7

Is there any changes for File Scanning and Registry Scanning for Lansweeper 7?Will the File Scanning and Registry Scanning still depend on LSpush? Or it can co-exist with LSagent?If the LSagent is not supported, then LSpush must be deployed on the re...

Alan_LS by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scanning: Windows Updates

Hi,I just have a general question in regards to how the scanning for Windows Updates works. Does Lansweeper utilize the get-wmiobject -class win32_quickfixengineering to query them, in which case only CBS installed updates would be shown? I am guess...

dscoland by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scanning pass-through in Netgear switches

We use a fairly large number of Netgear ProSafe Plus switches (GS105Ev2, GS108Ev3, GS116Ev2) and I am trying to figure out what settings need to be enabled in order for LANSweeper to identify the clients plugged into these switches consistently.It se...

MikeRigsby by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos