General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Securing web site

I know this subject has been discussed in the past, but I still haven't find a satisfying answer.Conceptually, the security settings (ACLs) on the website subdirectory are a big no-no: Everyone with full control on the whole subdir? It seems to me qu...

techreg by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Information about SOftware install

Need to know when a client install software in HKCU would LanSweeper see it anyway?Have sometime very realy software that demande do you want only for you or eveybody that logon this machine to be abel to use the software.Need to know to software tha...

Resolved! Scanning macs bound to AD

Hi, i have a lot of macs bound in AD but none of them are showing up for me when i scan AD.AD scanning is the only scanning type i have enabled, and i have added global SSH credentials.Is there something i am missing?

dpadgett by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Location by IP range

We, like many places, have different IP addresses for different buildings.It would be awesome to set it up so that you can enter a range to associate a location.Example:10.0.1.0 - 10.0.1.255 - Building110.0.2.0 - 10.0.2.255 - Building2Then LS could p...

sullivane by Champion Sweeper III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Notify me when asset with this Serial # is found online.

Hello, I am currently demoing Lansweeper and I like it so far. I was wondering if it is possible to set a rule up to find a missing device? Something like, send me an email when a device with a certain serial number or mac address is found on the n...

jboro by Engaged Sweeper
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Finding All Devices on Network

Unfortunatly we have a large amount of items that are NOT on the Domain. They are however conencted to the network and gain access behind our VPN devices. So was wondering what settings do I set to find all those items, as it appears all I'm finding ...

Resolved! Windows Rename Detection - Issues?

I have read a lot of documentation and forums posts about how the Windows rename detection works - it seems that it looks at the Model, Serial Number, and MAC address.I've manually added a number of computers with the make, model, and serial - unfort...

Matt8 by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos