General Discussions

Find answers to technical questions about Lansweeper.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Informal SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway entry/ies

Since I couldn't enter my "SysAdmin Day 2024 Giveaway" post (late) on July 24th, I'm posting my entry here for posterity before SysAdmin Day. If any other Sweeper has a contribution to add — sharing their favorite tech gadget, sidekick, or beverage â€”...

MisterP2 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Does Lansweeper scan fiber channel HBAs?

I've found the high-level SCSI detail to define the manufacturer and model, and the vCenter scan shows a count of HBAs.But is there anything that queries more granular information like HBA WWNN addresses etc., like NIC MACs?

manually add oid

Hello,we have Firewalls "FortiGate 40F" that are detected as routers, because the oid is unknown (1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.1.441).Can i manually add an oid, so that these devices are correctly detected as firewalls?Has anyone an mib file to import this ...

Lindner by Engaged Sweeper III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot deploy .exe : FileNotFoundException

HelloWhenever I'm trying to deploy an executable on clients per Lansweeper deployment, I receive an "incorrect function" Error in the Deployment Logs.The step is just "<path to exe>\program.exe". It neither works with local paths like %windir% nor wi...

vince1098 by Engaged Sweeper II
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

OU Information Slow

I have a couple of assets reporting in via LSAgent.It seems however to take a considerable amount of time until the following fields are visible on the assets page:OU:Enabled in AD:Understandibly Lansweeper is attempting to scan these machines howeve...

notae21 by Engaged Sweeper
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software as asset

As hardware assets are collected automatically or added manually, it would be nice to associate collected software as an asset in "Used with" in Asset Relations. Or maybe that can already be done but that maneuver is unknown to me at this time?TIA,T...

Creating report using other database info

In our Lansweeper I would like to create a report using information from another SQL database that is located on the same server as our Lansweeper.How should I make this other database / table available in Lansweeper to be able to query it ?

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting folder in Registry Editor

Anyone has a complete step modifying(adding/editing/deleting) registry ? REG DELETE HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network /fthe above command is working via command prompt but not working on command action in lansweeperinstaller logs says " Result: Deployment en...